Motorola Type II SmartZone programming problems

  • pc12345
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 9, 2010
      I'm trying to program my BC346XT to monitor St. Lucie County, Florida's 800Mhz system and having no luck. I have tried data from 3 different websites including radioreference.com. Is there a trick to programming this type of system or am I just getting bad info? I can hear control and voice channels individually and can even see the ID's coming across the control channel but that's it. Help!
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 9, 2010
        Checking that system, all PD channels are digital...you'd need the BCD396XT to
        hear them. Fire and EMS are analog, though.

        Also, that system has rebanded, so it would need to be programmed as an 800
        Custom with the appropriate rebanding band plans.
        http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/EditBandPlan#Rebanded_Motorola_Systems

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 9, 2010
          Most people who have this trouble are programming for P25 while you should
          be setting the system as 800 type II.

          Perhaps that is the problem. (assuming you are either in ID Search or have
          the TGIDs programmed)

          doc

          > I'm trying to program my BC346XT to monitor St. Lucie County, Florida's
          > 800Mhz system and having no luck. I have tried data from 3 different
          > websites including radioreference.com. Is there a trick to programming
          > this type of system or am I just getting bad info? I can hear control and
          > voice channels individually and can even see the ID's coming across the
          > control channel but that's it. Help!

        • P C
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 9, 2010
            Thanks for the quick response guys.
            I'm using freescan and have the system set for Mot Type II/P25 and all
            the talkgroups have been entered.
            Radioreference shows 21 frequencies (no channel numbers) ranging from
            851.3125 to 854.775.
            Another website shows 21 frequencies (with channel numbers) ranging
            from 851.2000 to 853.7875.
            I have also tried entering just the control channel (853.3)
            As for rebanding- I have read about it but don't know where to start :-/
            Could someone send me a freescan file to use as an example?
          • P C
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 10, 2010
              You were right on the money, Paul. I thought the firmware alone addressed
              the rebanding issue. Live and learn.
              Thanks guys and have a great weekend.

              Pete