Re: 346XT HAS BLANK DISPLAY

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2010
      Keith,

      Just had the same thing happen to my 246. My post and reply below:

      Here's my situation;

      My 246 has a dead LCD. It can still be controlled by ARC246 software.

      Dummy me tried a reset to see if I could recover my screen. Now I lost my baud
      rate setting and am unable to use software.

      Was hoping anyone with 246 can tell me after I hit FUNC 9, how many knob turns
      to right or left to get baud setting, then how many knob turns right or left to
      get 38400 setting?

      Thanks in advance

      Rich

      So, step by step.
      MAKE SURE THE TOP KNOB (SELECT KNOB) IS ON A CLICK
      TURN RADIO ON
      HIT THE MENU KEY (lower softkey on the side, NOT FUNC)
      TURN THE TOP KNOB ONE CLICK COUNTERCLOCKWISE
      PUSH THE TOP KNOB (SELECT KNOB) DOWN
      PUSH THE TOP KNOB (SELECT KNOB) DOWN
      TURN THE TOP KNOB (SELECT KNOB) ONE CLICK COUNTERCLOCKWISE (57600 BPS)
      PUSH THE TOP KNOB (SELECT KNOB) DOWN
      HIT SCAN

      Now I know this is not a screen fix and am not sure 346 has similar settings, just don't get caught with pants down like myself

      Good Luck

      Rich