Re: [BC346XT] 346XT HAS BLANK DISPLAY

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2010
      If it isn't that, I would say try to reset it, and if that doesn't fix
      it, send it in for repair.

      Joe M.

      Dave Landrum wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > Is it possible the Contrast Setting was inadvertently lowered in your scanner file before you loaded it? Check your file and if the setting is zero, change to 8 and reload.
      >
      > 73
      >
      > Dave AKA The Tripzter
      >
      > Sent from my iPhone 4
      >
      > On Sep 1, 2010, at 10:23 AM, Keith <kilowattradio@...> wrote:
      >

      >> On 8/31/10 6:31 PM, "wwilkie3999@..." <wwilkie3999@...> wrote:
      >>
      >>> The scanner was purchased from Scanner Masters in November of 09.
      >>> Since then it has led a very pampered life on my desk.
      >>> Does anyone have any suggestions or steps to take?
      >>> Failing all remedies, I'm assuming that it is covered under the 1 year
      >>> warranty.
      >>> If so, from Ontario in Canada, where do I send it for repair or replacement?
      >> http://www.uniden.com/repair/index.cfm
      >>
      >> --
      >> Best Regards, Keith
      >> http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/

    • Richard
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2010
        Keith,

        Just had the same thing happen to my 246. My post and reply below:

        Here's my situation;

        My 246 has a dead LCD. It can still be controlled by ARC246 software.

        Dummy me tried a reset to see if I could recover my screen. Now I lost my baud
        rate setting and am unable to use software.

        Was hoping anyone with 246 can tell me after I hit FUNC 9, how many knob turns
        to right or left to get baud setting, then how many knob turns right or left to
        get 38400 setting?

        Thanks in advance

        Rich

        So, step by step.
        MAKE SURE THE TOP KNOB (SELECT KNOB) IS ON A CLICK
        TURN RADIO ON
        HIT THE MENU KEY (lower softkey on the side, NOT FUNC)
        TURN THE TOP KNOB ONE CLICK COUNTERCLOCKWISE
        PUSH THE TOP KNOB (SELECT KNOB) DOWN
        PUSH THE TOP KNOB (SELECT KNOB) DOWN
        TURN THE TOP KNOB (SELECT KNOB) ONE CLICK COUNTERCLOCKWISE (57600 BPS)
        PUSH THE TOP KNOB (SELECT KNOB) DOWN
        HIT SCAN

        Now I know this is not a screen fix and am not sure 346 has similar settings, just don't get caught with pants down like myself

        Good Luck

        Rich