Re: [BC346XT] scanner is acting weird ?

  • wz1mississauga@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 26, 2010
      MODERATOR'S NOTE: Reloading the firmware will have no affect, assuming the firmware is already current.

      Reload the firmware and try again.

      From: "keithf" <celticirishkeith@...>
      Sender: BC346XT@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 05:43:05
      To: <BC346XT@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [BC346XT] scanner is acting weird ?

      hi all, i hope there is a easy fix to this. i'm puzzled,
      my scanner all of a sudden decided on its own today to only scan what seems to be all the trunk frequencies, the ones in the 800 mhz range. that were stored for the control channels. all tgid's are still programmed. all was working fine until earlier. there is 2 systems stored .
      one of which is conventional< that still works . and the other is motorola type 2 [ i live in suffolk county n.y. ] i just rebanded a few weeks ago through the radio reference website. and the use of the freescan software, and the scanner has the latest firmware update. switched it off and on a few times. and tried reloading it all back onto scanner. and still not working.
      o' and one thing i noticed is. if i manually turn the rotary dial and stop it on a saved tgid. the text on the scanner cycles as it should, until is shows finding ctrl chan. i just cant figure out why it would all of a sudden decide to do this. when all was working great. i hope there is a simple fix. and/or misunderstanding.
      thanks in advance.

      keith.