GPS/LOCATION

  • miriamfrank
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25 2:15 PM
      Since I see options on this scanner for GPS/Location - does that mean I can just tell it to search for stuff near where I am? and does that work for only conventional channels or for trunked channels? I'm sorry I'm being a pain.. this thing is driving me nuts and taking up lots of time!! I programmed in my frequencies for the MOT Trunked channel I use but I can't figure out how to program in the ID's.. so I let it search for the ID's and I see where you can supposedly all the "Found" ID's but that's not working for me!! I am really confused! So sorry and thanks for your help!

      - Maggie/Miriam
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 26 4:07 PM
        GPS works by enabling or disabling Systems based on your location and
        the location/range you programming into those systems.

        It will not search a given area since it has no way to know how far away
        a transmitter is from your location.

        Joe M.