Re: [BC346XT] rebanding.? 800 mhz . suffolk county,ny

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 19, 2010
      Here is what rebanding is:

      It's the process of moving NexTel systems to the upper end of the
      851-869 MHz band while at the same time moving Public Safety to the
      lower part of the band (and of course the same with the corresponding
      inputs 45 MHz lower).

      What this means for your scanner is:

      For EDACS, LTR, and P25 systems, you simply reprogram your scanner with
      the new frequencies used on the system. (Yes, I know P25 is not
      supported by the 346 - I included it for completeness)

      For NPSPAC (866-869 MHz) systems, they are moving down 15 MHz exactly
      (so 866-869 becomes 851-854).

      There is a special case with Motorola Analog systems since they will
      have to use new tables for their systems. For these systems, you will
      have to input the new trunking tables as well as reprogram the control
      channel frequencies. In this case, it MAY be necessary to program the
      new system as a new system and copy the talkgroups to the new system.
      Otherwise, you will not lose anything.

      Joe M.

      keithf wrote:
      > Hi all,
      > Is anyone familiar with rebanding ? I live in suffolk county ,ny.
      > the county 800 mhz band I can't recieve anymore. My questions are.
      > 1. How.do I reband .
      > 2. Will all frequencies and settings be erased from the scanner when I reband .
      > Thanks in advance,
      > Keith.

    • Keith
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 19, 2010
        I have written an article about rebanding and how to apply to the XT
        scanners.

        http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/reband.html

        --
        Best Regards, Keith
        http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 19, 2010
          Nice article. It could use a few tweeks, such as adding P25 to the list
          of 'reprogram only' systems (along with EDACS and LTR).

          There are also systems rebanding that are not in the NPSPAC band
          (866-869 MHz). Those systems are not moving down by 15 MHz, as it would
          put them in the Cell band.

          Joe M.