rebanding.? 800 mhz . suffolk county,ny

  • keithf
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 19, 2010
      Hi all,
      Is anyone familiar with rebanding ? I live in suffolk county ,ny.
      the county 800 mhz band I can't recieve anymore. My questions are.
      1. How.do I reband .
      2. Will all frequencies and settings be erased from the scanner when I reband .
      Thanks in advance,
      Keith.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 19, 2010
        Here is what rebanding is:

        It's the process of moving NexTel systems to the upper end of the
        851-869 MHz band while at the same time moving Public Safety to the
        lower part of the band (and of course the same with the corresponding
        inputs 45 MHz lower).

        What this means for your scanner is:

        For EDACS, LTR, and P25 systems, you simply reprogram your scanner with
        the new frequencies used on the system. (Yes, I know P25 is not
        supported by the 346 - I included it for completeness)

        For NPSPAC (866-869 MHz) systems, they are moving down 15 MHz exactly
        (so 866-869 becomes 851-854).

        There is a special case with Motorola Analog systems since they will
        have to use new tables for their systems. For these systems, you will
        have to input the new trunking tables as well as reprogram the control
        channel frequencies. In this case, it MAY be necessary to program the
        new system as a new system and copy the talkgroups to the new system.
        Otherwise, you will not lose anything.

        Joe M.

        keithf wrote:
        > Hi all,
        > Is anyone familiar with rebanding ? I live in suffolk county ,ny.
        > the county 800 mhz band I can't recieve anymore. My questions are.
        > 1. How.do I reband .
        > 2. Will all frequencies and settings be erased from the scanner when I reband .
        > Thanks in advance,
        > Keith.

      • Keith
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 19, 2010
          I have written an article about rebanding and how to apply to the XT
          scanners.

          http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/reband.html

          --
          Best Regards, Keith
          http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 19, 2010
            Nice article. It could use a few tweeks, such as adding P25 to the list
            of 'reprogram only' systems (along with EDACS and LTR).

            There are also systems rebanding that are not in the NPSPAC band
            (866-869 MHz). Those systems are not moving down by 15 MHz, as it would
            put them in the Cell band.

            Joe M.