Re: [BC346XT] OK...here's my story - the related question:

  • Keith
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2010
      On 7/3/10 12:25 PM, "navyfan696" <navpooh@...> wrote:

      > I was working in the bathroom and had my scanner sitting on the edge of the
      > basin, which had about three inches of water in it. I accidentally knocked
      > the scanner in, but I immediately retreived it and shook it out as best I
      > could (don't tell me I shouldn't have had the scanner on the basin - it was
      > the only available spot).
      >
      > So after a couple of days I tried it and all I got was the search frequencies
      > (854.0125 etc.), but no stops on TGIDs. I cleared the memory completely and
      > reloadaed the scanner - system first, then site, then group (or group, then
      > site, I can't emember - all I know is that the TGIDs were the last things I
      > entered).
      >
      > SO I've repeated that step several (maybe 8) times, with the sane result: no
      > stops on TGIDs. When I entered the Group and the Site I set the Wuick Key for
      > each at 3. I also entered a conventional channel and it works perfectly.
      > What am I doning wong with the trunking (Motorola) channel and TGIDs?
      >
      > Mike Calo
      > Glen Burnie MD

      If a part or chip that conducts the TRS decoding was damaged the TRS will
      not work, but conventional frequencies will work fine. To see if your
      scanner is decoding the Control channel put the radio in hold mode and turn
      the scroll knob to the control channel with the machine gun sound. If the
      top line of the LCD display shows a unique ID number for the system and
      flashes TGID numbers then it is decoding and has something to do with your
      programming. However, it is possible that the Digital voice decoder was
      somehow affected also.
      The good news is that Uniden has a flat $50 fix it fee for their scanner
      radios so all is not lost for recovering your $500 scanner.

      http://www.uniden.com/repair/index.cfm

      --
      Best Regards, Keith
      http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/