programming 346XT with freescan?

  • Erik
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 9, 2010
      hi,

      great group!

      wanted to know if someone can explain how to program the 346xt for the first time with freescan? also, if there's a link to this info please post it.

      thanks!
    • Erik
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 9, 2010
        ok, so I went into freescan, chose "new system", named it local, then chose "new group" and made it "group 1" on QK 0, and put in 9 frequencies.

        then "new group" and made it "group 2" on QK 1, and put in 7 frequencies.

        am I proceeding correctly?
        would the next step be "upload to scanner"

        any info or guidance is appreciated!

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 10, 2010
          I do not have software, i do it by hand so i know the radio perfect...Your way sounds perfect to start, you can choose if there digital or analog, you can # the System, # each freqy, choose the modulation if its real "narrow band", and choose how long to scan or search the "System'...Very big menu OH, and turn on a "color backround or "Alert" for each channel...Fantastic piece of radio by Uniden.....

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 10, 2010
            WOOPS, forgot-NO DIGITAL on the 346XT, i own both 346-396XT....