Re: Unable to use priority scan on trunked motorola channels.

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 7 1:16 PM
      Its basicly a two part programming, go into the "System" your want, go into the menu options and turn "ON" "PRI", then go to the TG's you want to PRi and into the menu and activate the "PRi"...,works GREAT....

      --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, "Upman" <uniden.upman@...> wrote:

      > http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/182496-bc346xt-priority-scan-trunked-channels.html
      >
      > --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, "BRAD" <unclescanner@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi. I have been in the scanner life for over 30 years. I know my way around a scanner I'd say. However...following the instructions on the cd-rom manual I am unable to use Priority scan with trunked channels, i have analog channels and trunking but it doesn't check the trunked channels. what am I doing wrong....

    • JAN FINE
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 7 3:39 PM
        Are you aware the priority on trunked systems isn't the same as priority
        on conventional ones?
        Conventional works the way everyone thinks.
        For priority on a trunked talkgroup to work the scanner has to be on
        that system.
        So if you are on another system the scanner does not check the priority
        on another trunked system.
        If the scanner falls onto a trunked system it then checks the priority
        on those systems as well as conventional anywhere in the scanner.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 7 7:01 PM
          It also may not work at all if the talkgroup is not assigned as a
          priority talkgroup, or it may require a break in the current talkgroup
          so the scanner can see that the priority talkgroup is active.

          There are a lot of variables when it comes to trunked priority.

          Joe M.

          JAN FINE wrote:
          > Are you aware the priority on trunked systems isn't the same as priority
          > on conventional ones?
          > Conventional works the way everyone thinks.
          > For priority on a trunked talkgroup to work the scanner has to be on
          > that system.
          > So if you are on another system the scanner does not check the priority
          > on another trunked system.
          > If the scanner falls onto a trunked system it then checks the priority
          > on those systems as well as conventional anywhere in the scanner.
          >
          > dataman60435 wrote:
          >>

          >> Its basicly a two part programming, go into the "System" your want, go
          >> into the menu options and turn "ON" "PRI", then go to the TG's you
          >> want to PRi and into the menu and activate the "PRi"...,works GREAT....
          >>
          >> --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BC346XT%40yahoogroups.com>,
          >> "Upman" <uniden.upman@...> wrote:
          >>>
          >> http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/182496-bc346xt-priority-scan-trunked-channels.html
          >>> --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BC346XT%40yahoogroups.com>,
          >> way around a scanner I'd say. However...following the instructions on
          >> the cd-rom manual I am unable to use Priority scan with trunked
          >> channels, i have analog channels and trunking but it doesn't check the
          >> trunked channels. what am I doing wrong....

        • Ubbe .
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 8 11:33 PM
            The Uniden talkgroup priority isn't working as one would expect.
            A normal system radio decodes the low speed subtone datasignal on the voice channel, where info are sent out about which other talkgroups gets activated in the system.

            BC346XT do not decode that info, it only decode the high speed control channel data and as a result it only switch to a prio talkgroup when the scanner is idle on the control channel.

            As BC346XT have a subtone decoder one thinks it would have been possible to make a "real" priority function similar to what the actual radios in the system use. Perhaps it is a patent issue.

            Ubbe.

            JAN FINE wrote:
            > Are you aware the priority on trunked systems isn't the same as priority
            > on conventional ones?
            > Conventional works the way everyone thinks.
            > For priority on a trunked talkgroup to work the scanner has to be on
            > that system.
            > So if you are on another system the scanner does not check the priority
            > on another trunked system.
            > If the scanner falls onto a trunked system it then checks the priority
            > on those systems as well as conventional anywhere in the scanner.
            >
            > dataman60435 wrote:
            >>

            >> Its basicly a two part programming, go into the "System" your want, go
            >> into the menu options and turn "ON" "PRI", then go to the TG's you
            >> want to PRi and into the menu and activate the "PRi"...,works GREAT....
            >>
            >> --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BC346XT%40yahoogroups.com>,
            >> "Upman" <uniden.upman@...> wrote:
            >>>
            >> http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/182496-bc346xt-priority-scan-trunked-channels.html
            >>> --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BC346XT%40yahoogroups.com>,
            >> way around a scanner I'd say. However...following the instructions on
            >> the cd-rom manual I am unable to use Priority scan with trunked
            >> channels, i have analog channels and trunking but it doesn't check the
            >> trunked channels. what am I doing wrong....

          • Uniden UPMan
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 9 6:00 AM
              That is not correct. The scanner uses the low-speed data (LSD).

              However, not every channel is going to be present in the LSD -- only those that are flagged by the radio system administrator as a priority channel.

              http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/PreemptivePriority
               UPMan

              ________________________________

              JAN FINE wrote:
              > Are you aware the priority on trunked systems isn't the same as priority
              > on conventional ones?
              > Conventional works the way everyone thinks.
              > For priority on a trunked talkgroup to work the scanner has to be on
              > that system.
              > So if you are on another system the scanner does not check the priority
              > on another trunked system.
              > If the scanner falls onto a trunked system it then checks the priority
              > on those systems as well as conventional anywhere in the scanner.
              >
              > dataman60435 wrote:
              >>

              >> Its basicly a two part programming, go into the "System" your want, go
              >> into the menu options and turn "ON" "PRI", then go to the TG's you
              >> want to PRi and into the menu and activate the "PRi"...,works GREAT....
              >>
              >> --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BC346XT%40yahoogroups.com>,
              >> "Upman" <uniden.upman@...> wrote:
              >>>
              >> http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/182496-bc346xt-priority-scan-trunked-channels.html
              >>> --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BC346XT%40yahoogroups.com>,
              >> way around a scanner I'd say. However...following the instructions on
              >> the cd-rom manual I am unable to use Priority scan with trunked
              >> channels, i have analog channels and trunking but it doesn't check the
              >> trunked channels. what am I doing wrong....

            • BRAD WRIGHT
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 9 11:08 AM
                My priority is working great ...

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 9 3:01 PM
                  And as i mentioned in post-377 my PRi works great on the 346XT and 396XT, EXCELLENT feature.....