Preprogrammed Service BC346XT

  • roadtoscituate
    Message 1 of 4 , May 29, 2010
      I have deleted preloaded systems that came with my 346xt in error. Can this service be reloaded from somewhere, short of buying another 346xt scanner.
      I was using FreeScan and accidently deleted all the preprogrammed files that came with the scanner :(
      Thanks for getting me out of a jam here.
      Ron
    • Ubbe .
      Message 2 of 4 , May 30, 2010
        Preloaded frequencies are stored in the firmware. You only have to do a factory reset to restore them. Everything else will of course be deleted so you better make a backup before doing the reset.

        From the manual:
        Initializing Memory
        Follow these steps to initialize the scanner's memory:

        Turn off the scanner.
        Simultaneously press 2, 9, and HOLD.
        While continuing to press these buttons, turn on the scanner.
        The scanner displays "All Memory Clear / Please Wait" for about 20 seconds while the memory is cleared. Then, the scanner displays "Restore Preprogram List? / Yes="E" / No="." " To restore the factory preset programming, press "E", otherwise, to leave the memory cleared press ".".

        Ubbe.

        Message 3 of 4 , May 30, 2010
          You are in luck. The BC346XT is the only portable scanner in its price class
          that has the option of reloading the default systems after you do a reset.
          Of course when you do a reset you will lose what you have programmed but you
          can back that up in FreeScan first and then restore it after you do a reset.

          Just press 2, 9 and Hold while powering up your scanner to do a reset. Then
          when you see Restore Preprogam List? press E for yes.

          But remember when you do that you are resetting your scanner to it's default
          state.

          Hope this helps,
          Don, KE4JD
          DMAScanning.com

          _____

          I have deleted preloaded systems that came with my 346xt in error. Can this
          service be reloaded from somewhere, short of buying another 346xt scanner.
          I was using FreeScan and accidently deleted all the preprogrammed files that
          came with the scanner :(
          Thanks for getting me out of a jam here.
          Ron

          13:25:00

        • roadtoscituate
          Message 4 of 4 , May 30, 2010