RE: [BC346XT] New Price on 346XT

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 6 , May 25, 2010
      Check back last week of June or July 1st.

      Uniden invites you to attend the 2010 Uniden Open House on Saturday, June 26, 2010 at Uniden America
      Corporation Headquarters.
      We'll be announcing a revolutionary new scanner product on July 1
      <http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/180845-uniden-open-house-2010-a.html>

      I see Uniden has the 346XT on sale or new price now $187.00 from $219.00....Maybe new models are
      coming out!!!...
    • Mark Levine, D.C.
      Message 2 of 6 , May 25, 2010
        Refurbed
        Not that there is anything wrong with that..

        Message 3 of 6 , May 25, 2010
          I think it's safe to say a replacement for the 346 would not be
          'revolutionary'. Also, as this model is not that old, I think it will be
          around for another year or two - maybe more.

          I do wish I lived closer to TX for the purposes of making it to the open
          house.

          But, if Uniden says they are developing something 'revolutionary', I bet
          it will be, as the last 'revolution' was Dynamic Memory which was a
          considerable upgrade from banks/channels. Maybe they have integrated the
          scanner with the thought process so you just think about what you want
          and it programs itself. (just kidding)

          Or, maybe it's a subcutaneous scanner! (again, just kidding)

          Joe M.

          Brian wrote:
          > Check back last week of June or July 1st.
          >
          > Uniden invites you to attend the 2010 Uniden Open House on Saturday, June 26, 2010 at Uniden America
          > Corporation Headquarters.
          > We'll be announcing a revolutionary new scanner product on July 1
          > <http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/180845-uniden-open-house-2010-a.html>

        • Keith
          Message 4 of 6 , May 25, 2010
            [posted to <BC346XT.yahoogroups.com> & emailed]
            On Tue, 25 May 2010 16:51:19 -0400, "Mark Levine, D.C." <wb2eqe@...>
            wrote:

            > Refurbed
            > Not that there is anything wrong with that..

            Yes, must RS returns have to do with global attenuation on and not
            receiving distance signals.

            --

            Best Regards, Keith

            http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/
            Message 5 of 6 , May 26, 2010
              My 346XT works fantastic on all systems rebanded, and thanks to UPMAN works great on the new Grundy Co Motorola Shuffle system with a extra bandplan ...The red backround is really neat...I take it everywhere unless i need "digital" then its the 396XT....