Re: [BC346XT] Battery life

    Message 1 of 10 , May 16, 2010
      You can set the scanner to turn off charge after a specified period of time. Note that it is technically impossible to detect a full charge state when charging NiMH cells in series at any charge rate. At a slow charge rate it is technically unreliable to try to detect full charge state at all (even charging individual cells). For full-charge detection of a single cell being charged, you want to be charging at at least a .5C rate, but preferably closer to a 1C rate. For 2700 mAH batteries, that equates to 1.35 - 2.7 Amps of charging current. I don't expect this type of charging to be implemented in any consumer radio product (until/unless a new chemistry is developed that allows for reliable full-charge detection with replaceable cells).