Re: [BC346XT] which is better to use for pc programming ?

  • Larry Williams
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 9, 2010
      I PGM'ed a 346 for a friend. About 9 Banks. I used FreeScan. I had ARC but didnt use it. Biggest problem I found is the File System. There are 3 places for Text. Two [2] Flip/Flop on the top line and the 3rd is specfic for the bottom Line. You must think very hard about the way you want the display to read. I backloaded PGM into ARC after programming. Simular, not much difference. Good Luck.

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 9, 2010
        You'll find the DMA memory and programming much easier to understand when
        you give up on the old terminology and listen to what experienced people are
        trying to offer you. You ask for help and reject it from the most learned
        member of the group (MCH).

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 9, 2010
          I think you will find Freescan is the X-compatible program.

          ML

        • Larry Ryan
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 9, 2010
            I've been using Freescan for my 346XT love it.  I loved being able to import the WARS system (EDACS) for Greater Vancouver Fire departments.  Works like a charm, I'll definitley be sending in a donation.  Great software.  Using it with a USM/DB9 converter

            I think you will find Freescan is the X-compatible program.

            ML

          • Sam Smith
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 9, 2010
              I don't have any experience with BCTool, but FreeScan works just fine, and the price is right (free)!

              Sam