RE: [BC346XT] which is better to use for pc programming ?

  • DMAScanning
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 9, 2010
      Hello,

      The current version of BCTool cannot be used with the BC346XT so Freescan is
      your only option of the two you mention. A new version of BCTool is in the
      works but has not been released yet.

      Don, KE4JD
      dmascanning.com

      _____

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 9, 2010
        I PGM'ed a 346 for a friend. About 9 Banks. I used FreeScan. I had ARC but didnt use it. Biggest problem I found is the File System. There are 3 places for Text. Two [2] Flip/Flop on the top line and the 3rd is specfic for the bottom Line. You must think very hard about the way you want the display to read. I backloaded PGM into ARC after programming. Simular, not much difference. Good Luck.

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 9, 2010
          You'll find the DMA memory and programming much easier to understand when
          you give up on the old terminology and listen to what experienced people are
          trying to offer you. You ask for help and reject it from the most learned
          member of the group (MCH).

          >I PGM'ed a 346 for a friend. About 9 Banks. I used FreeScan. I had ARC but
          >didnt use it. Biggest problem I found is the File System. There are 3
          >places for Text. Two [2] Flip/Flop on the top line and the 3rd is specfic
          >for the bottom Line. You must think very hard about the way you want the
          >display to read. I backloaded PGM into ARC after programming. Simular, not
          >much difference. Good Luck.

        • Mark Levine, D.C.
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 9, 2010
            I think you will find Freescan is the X-compatible program.

            ML

          • Larry Ryan
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 9, 2010
              I've been using Freescan for my 346XT love it.  I loved being able to import the WARS system (EDACS) for Greater Vancouver Fire departments.  Works like a charm, I'll definitley be sending in a donation.  Great software.  Using it with a USM/DB9 converter

              I think you will find Freescan is the X-compatible program.

              ML

            • Sam Smith
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 9, 2010
                I don't have any experience with BCTool, but FreeScan works just fine, and the price is right (free)!

                Sam