Re: [BC346XT] 70yr old dummy needs a little HELP

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 3, 2010
      Not to argue, but there are no banks in the 346 or the 106. Someone may
      label them as banks, but they are not banks - just as I can label a
      channel "PD Encrypted" but that does not mean it is encrypted. The 346
      has Systems and the 106 has Scanlists (21 of them as you have found).

      As for your pending issue, assign a System Quick Key to those Systems
      and you will be able to enable or disable scanning them as you did on
      your older scanners - by pressing the corresponding number on the
      keypad. You have 100 System Quick Keys, but only the first 10 (0-9) will
      work as your older scanners did - by simply pressing the key.

      Note that this is the System Quick Key you want to assign. There are
      also Group Quick Keys, but forget about those for now.

      Joe M.

      Larry Williams wrote:
      > Thanks for the replys. Got news for ya. This 346 has BANKS. Bank-1 Hwy Patrol, Bank-2 Sheriff, Bank-3 EMS, Bank-4 Fire etc all the way thru Bank-8 Palmetto 800. Thats the way it reads in the Files using FreeScan. They said the PRO106 didnt have banks. Mines got 21. Now back to question. Thanks MCH, but I knew that stuff in 1976. Read all the RR Wiki and PDF files for 346. Just missed the way to turn on or off banks. Program running good so I'll just give it back to Grover and let him figure it out. Best Regards, Larry

    • Larry Williams
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 3, 2010
        WOW. A person cant think for himself on this forum. My Banks dont have a set # of freq's. There ARE Banks in these radios if you set the PGM that way. If you have WIN500 I'll email you several programs all having 20 each plus FAV's. Because the Mfg says this is the way its going to be does not have to be absolute. People can still think out of the box. Best Regards to all, Larry

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 3, 2010
          As I said before, you can call them or name them whatever you want. All we are telling you is that the 346/106 scanners have no banks as the term is defined in the industry (a fixed number of channels grouped together). They both have dynamic memory. You can argue until you are blue in the face, but one of the people you are arguing with represents the manufacturer. Feel free to tell him he doesn't know his product - especially when DMA scanners was his concept. ;->

          Uniden has no banks in the 346 - it has Systems.

          GRE has no banks in the 106/500. It has Scanlists.

          If you want to call them banks, please do. But, please also don't complain about not understanding the way the memory is organized if you continue to call them something they are not. you can also call them banks in the text tags. That does not make them banks.

          Oh, and yes I have Win500, and I have to define the Scanlist(s) for every channel.

          You can think for yourself... until you start changing the names of pre-defined items in the scanners.
          When you do that, nobody will know what you mean.

          Joe M.

          On Sat 03/04/10 7:38 PM , "Larry Williams" larryscan@... sent:
          > WOW. A person cant think for himself on this forum. My Banks dont have a
          > set # of freq's. There ARE Banks in these radios if you set the PGM that
          > way. If you have WIN500 I'll email you several programs all having 20 each
          > plus FAV's. Because the Mfg says this is the way its going to be does not
          > have to be absolute. People can still think out of the box. Best Regards to
          > all, Larry
        • kayi4cle
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 3, 2010
            Not to be picky or anything, but there are 22 Scanlists on the Pro-106. In addition to the 20, you have FAVS (21) and Skywarn (22). You can put any frequencies you want into the Skywarn scan, and you enable it by pressing FUNC WX.

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 4, 2010
              Thanks I know about 22. Dont use it.