Re: [BC346XT] programming

  • Sam Smith
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 10, 2010
      http://scannow.org/
      Free software that works really well for a number of Uniden scanners. I've used it for a year now and it works great. Much, much easier than trying to program by hand, and much cheaper than any other software out there.

      Sam

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 10, 2010
        I totally agree with Sam. I've been using Freescan for almost a year now and love it. It makes programming sooo much easier, no way I'd program by hand. It would take hours. Also Freescan has a forum so most problems are fixed and the creator of Freescan is always happy to help with a problem. When I got my 396XT I had no idea how to program it, used Freescan for the first time and within minutes I was listening to the Phoenix Police in Digital. Freescan is very user friendly.

        Dana

        To: BC346XT@yahoogroups.com
        From: kd4shk@...
        Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 06:32:29 -0500
        Subject: Re: [BC346XT] programming

        http://scannow.org/

        Free software that works really well for a number of Uniden scanners. I've used it for a year now and it works great. Much, much easier than trying to program by hand, and much cheaper than any other software out there.

        Sam

        Is there an EASY way to program this thing? I've had it almost a year and can't figure out how to enter channels in the thing! Please help.

        ps, i am a member of radio reference, but they were no help at all.

      • roadtoscituate
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 8 6:16 AM
          Thanks for the Quick Save instructions. So, I've entered several frequencies and did Quick Save. Today, I want to scan these frequencies, but, I can't locate what I saved. Do these frequencies get deleted when the 346 is turned OFF?
          Thanks, Ron