RE: Control Only Search Mode

  • janfine@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2009
      Is anyone else haveing any problems with the Control Only Search Mode.
      Yesterday I could not get the scanner to stop on any freqs. If I manually put it on a freq then it was fine.

      This morning I could get it to stop on 1 systems freq. Tonight it will not stop on that one but for a time it was stopping on a freq from another system.

      Now it's not stopping at all again.

      It seems to stop .0125 khz above the control channel and pause there. That happened on two different systems.
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2009
        What mode is it searching in? If it's NFM, try FM.

        Joe M.

        janfine@... wrote:
        > Is anyone else haveing any problems with the Control Only Search Mode.
        > Yesterday I could not get the scanner to stop on any freqs. If I manually put it on a freq then it was fine.
        >
        > This morning I could get it to stop on 1 systems freq. Tonight it will not stop on that one but for a time it was stopping on a freq from another system.
        >
        > Now it's not stopping at all again.
        >
        > It seems to stop .0125 khz above the control channel and pause there. That happened on two different systems.

      • Samuel Linton
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2009
          I tried the control only and failed. It would show Id codes but no audio. As of right now I gave up and put in all 28 freq. for my system. I'm interested if you find a solution to this.

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2, 2009
            Sounds like the bandplan(s) were not set correctly or not set at all.

            Joe M.

            Samuel Linton wrote:
            > I tried the control only and failed. It would show Id codes but no audio. As of right now I gave up and put in all 28 freq. for my system. I'm interested if you find a solution to this.

          • JAN FINE
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 3, 2009
              I'm hoping you are right Joe.
              I had it in NFM mode and also Default.
              Let me try FM when I get home.
              I have my fingers crossed. I love the radio.
              This is my only problem.
              I even like Freescan.
              Thanks.

              JAN FINE