Re: [BC346XT] Re: Round thing on back - removal?

  • Ed Cifelli
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 9, 2010
      It does the soul good to be able to laff at yourself. Cuz if you don't everyone else will.
      FWIW, I was wondering about removing it also, just never looked at it.
      EdC

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 9, 2010
        That is so true!

        Well I finally managed to remove it. The nylon case fits well, and to my surprise the radio stands up when in the case. I got the radio, case, and an antenna from Scannermaster. The antenna is 800 MHz 1/4 wave low profile. It came in a little plastic envelope that says "Tuf Duck", made by Antenex (Laird), and fits very nicely (no big gap or anything).

        So far I like the 346 better than any handheld I have ever had. I sold all my analog handhelds anticipating PD and fire going digital. Then I found out that when they do it will be Phase II. So I am going to enjoy this little radio very much in the meantime.