Re: [BC346XT] Re: Round thing on back - removal?

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 8, 2010
      It happens. Don't worry about it. But, I tend to take even the strangest
      question seriously, as there may be some people who really don't know.

      Joe M.

      kayi4cle wrote:
      > I am so embarrassed! I didn't see the phillips screw in the center (until I put on a stronger pair of reading glasses). The round thing is so shiny that the screw doesn't stand out. I hope I gave everyone a good laugh!
      >

      > --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, MCH <mch@...> wrote:
      >> Well, you could break it down into:
      >>
      >> 1. Find the correct size Phillips screwdriver.
      >> 2. Insert the tip of the screw driver into the center of the screw head.
      >> 3. Turn counterclockwise until the screw comes loose from the socket.
      >> 4. Remove the screw.
      >> 5. Remove the stud.
      >> 6. Put all loose items in a secure place where you will be able to find
      >> them if needed in the future.
      >>
      >> He DID ask for "complete instructions". ;->
      >>
      >> Joe M.
      >>
      >> Uniden UPMan wrote:
      >>> Step 1: Remove the screw in the middle of the "protrusion."
      >>> Step 2: There is no Step 2.
      >>> UPMan
      >>>

      >>> ________________________________

    • Ed Cifelli
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 9, 2010
        It does the soul good to be able to laff at yourself. Cuz if you don't everyone else will.
        FWIW, I was wondering about removing it also, just never looked at it.
        EdC

        I am so embarrassed!  I didn't see the phillips screw in the center (until I put on a stronger pair of reading glasses).  The round thing is so shiny that the screw doesn't stand out.  I hope I gave everyone a good laugh!

        > Well, you could break it down into:
        >
        > 1. Find the correct size Phillips screwdriver.
        > 2. Insert the tip of the screw driver into the center of the screw head.
        > 3. Turn counterclockwise until the screw comes loose from the socket.
        > 4. Remove the screw.
        > 5. Remove the stud.
        > 6. Put all loose items in a secure place where you will be able to find
        > them if needed in the future.
        >
        > He DID ask for "complete instructions". ;->
        >
        > Joe M.
        >
        > Uniden UPMan wrote:
        > > Step 1: Remove the screw in the middle of the "protrusion."
        > > Step 2: There is no Step 2.
        > >  UPMan

      • kayi4cle
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 9, 2010
          That is so true!

          Well I finally managed to remove it. The nylon case fits well, and to my surprise the radio stands up when in the case. I got the radio, case, and an antenna from Scannermaster. The antenna is 800 MHz 1/4 wave low profile. It came in a little plastic envelope that says "Tuf Duck", made by Antenex (Laird), and fits very nicely (no big gap or anything).

          So far I like the 346 better than any handheld I have ever had. I sold all my analog handhelds anticipating PD and fire going digital. Then I found out that when they do it will be Phase II. So I am going to enjoy this little radio very much in the meantime.