Re: Round thing on back - removal?

  • kayi4cle
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 8, 2010
      I am so embarrassed! I didn't see the phillips screw in the center (until I put on a stronger pair of reading glasses). The round thing is so shiny that the screw doesn't stand out. I hope I gave everyone a good laugh!

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 8, 2010
        It happens. Don't worry about it. But, I tend to take even the strangest
        question seriously, as there may be some people who really don't know.

        Joe M.

        kayi4cle wrote:
        > I am so embarrassed! I didn't see the phillips screw in the center (until I put on a stronger pair of reading glasses). The round thing is so shiny that the screw doesn't stand out. I hope I gave everyone a good laugh!
        >

        > --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, MCH <mch@...> wrote:
        >> Well, you could break it down into:
        >>
        >> 1. Find the correct size Phillips screwdriver.
        >> 2. Insert the tip of the screw driver into the center of the screw head.
        >> 3. Turn counterclockwise until the screw comes loose from the socket.
        >> 4. Remove the screw.
        >> 5. Remove the stud.
        >> 6. Put all loose items in a secure place where you will be able to find
        >> them if needed in the future.
        >>
        >> He DID ask for "complete instructions". ;->
        >>
        >> Joe M.
        >>
        >> Uniden UPMan wrote:
        >>> Step 1: Remove the screw in the middle of the "protrusion."
        >>> Step 2: There is no Step 2.
        >>> UPMan

      • Ed Cifelli
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 9, 2010
          It does the soul good to be able to laff at yourself. Cuz if you don't everyone else will.
          FWIW, I was wondering about removing it also, just never looked at it.
          EdC

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 9, 2010
            That is so true!

            Well I finally managed to remove it. The nylon case fits well, and to my surprise the radio stands up when in the case. I got the radio, case, and an antenna from Scannermaster. The antenna is 800 MHz 1/4 wave low profile. It came in a little plastic envelope that says "Tuf Duck", made by Antenex (Laird), and fits very nicely (no big gap or anything).

            So far I like the 346 better than any handheld I have ever had. I sold all my analog handhelds anticipating PD and fire going digital. Then I found out that when they do it will be Phase II. So I am going to enjoy this little radio very much in the meantime.