Re: [BC346XT] Round thing on back - removal?

  • Uniden UPMan
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 8, 2010
      Step 1: Remove the screw in the middle of the "protrusion."
      Step 2: There is no Step 2.
       UPMan

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 8, 2010
        Well, you could break it down into:

        1. Find the correct size Phillips screwdriver.
        2. Insert the tip of the screw driver into the center of the screw head.
        3. Turn counterclockwise until the screw comes loose from the socket.
        4. Remove the screw.
        5. Remove the stud.
        6. Put all loose items in a secure place where you will be able to find
        them if needed in the future.

        He DID ask for "complete instructions". ;->

        Joe M.

        Uniden UPMan wrote:
        > Step 1: Remove the screw in the middle of the "protrusion."
        > Step 2: There is no Step 2.
        > UPMan
        >

        > ________________________________

      • kayi4cle
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 8, 2010
          I am so embarrassed! I didn't see the phillips screw in the center (until I put on a stronger pair of reading glasses). The round thing is so shiny that the screw doesn't stand out. I hope I gave everyone a good laugh!

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 8, 2010
            It happens. Don't worry about it. But, I tend to take even the strangest
            question seriously, as there may be some people who really don't know.

            Joe M.

            kayi4cle wrote:
            > I am so embarrassed! I didn't see the phillips screw in the center (until I put on a stronger pair of reading glasses). The round thing is so shiny that the screw doesn't stand out. I hope I gave everyone a good laugh!
            >

            > --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, MCH <mch@...> wrote:
            >> Well, you could break it down into:
            >>
            >> 1. Find the correct size Phillips screwdriver.
            >> 2. Insert the tip of the screw driver into the center of the screw head.
            >> 3. Turn counterclockwise until the screw comes loose from the socket.
            >> 4. Remove the screw.
            >> 5. Remove the stud.
            >> 6. Put all loose items in a secure place where you will be able to find
            >> them if needed in the future.
            >>
            >> He DID ask for "complete instructions". ;->
            >>
            >> Joe M.
            >>
            >> Uniden UPMan wrote:
            >>> Step 1: Remove the screw in the middle of the "protrusion."
            >>> Step 2: There is no Step 2.
            >>> UPMan

          • Ed Cifelli
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 9, 2010
              It does the soul good to be able to laff at yourself. Cuz if you don't everyone else will.
              FWIW, I was wondering about removing it also, just never looked at it.
              EdC

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 9, 2010
                That is so true!

                Well I finally managed to remove it. The nylon case fits well, and to my surprise the radio stands up when in the case. I got the radio, case, and an antenna from Scannermaster. The antenna is 800 MHz 1/4 wave low profile. It came in a little plastic envelope that says "Tuf Duck", made by Antenex (Laird), and fits very nicely (no big gap or anything).

                So far I like the 346 better than any handheld I have ever had. I sold all my analog handhelds anticipating PD and fire going digital. Then I found out that when they do it will be Phase II. So I am going to enjoy this little radio very much in the meantime.