Re: Hi all!

  • livelyjetjester
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2010
      Hi Shane. I am no expert on scanning. I have just received my first scanner which is the BC346XT. So far with some help from my friends in this group I'm up and running and listening to all sorts of stuff. Like you I did a lot of research and came to the same conclusion. My local area is predominantly analogue but have already discoved that there are a few cities around me that have analogue trunking so am glad I paid the extra cash for trunking.

      One thing to be aware of. There is no inbox paper user guide, you have a CD with a brousable document. I found it a little tedious having to sit with my PC to work out how to set up the scanner. This is even more of a pain if you were mobile like I was over Christmas,, well it is a mobile scanner!!. But it doesn't take long once you understand what you are trying to do and it is deffinately worth sticking with. Two weeks in I'm impressed with what the BC346XT can do and right now wold only replace it with the digital version so I can hear more. :-)
      Pete.