Re: [BC346XT] Breaks in transmission?

  • Ed Cifelli
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 5, 2010
      What kind of tie???????

      Ed

      --- On Tue, 1/5/10, dmccorm@... <dmccorm@...> wrote:

      From: dmccorm@... <dmccorm@...>
      Subject: Re: [BC346XT] Breaks in transmission?
      To: BC346XT@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 8:17 AM

      Take a look at this archived post on Radioreference:
      http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/128991-uniden-scanners-new-user.html

      ---- livelyjetjester <peter.stuff@...> wrote:
      > Hi all. I received my long awaited 346XT as a Christmas gift this year. (Think my wife already regrets the purchase!!).
      > I have been working with the included CD and managed to get a few systems programmed and have been listening to local law enforcement.
      > I have noticed a number of transmissions having gaps (sorry new to scanning so not sure of the correct term)in them and am wondering what they are. Obviously the despatcher and officer understand what is being said so I'm wondering if it is something wrong with my setup. When I do get the transmission it is as clear as a bell it just has gaps in it. Any ideas what could be going on?
      > Thanks,
      > Pete.
      > PS I'll be at CES, are 346XT owners supposed to be wearing a special colored neck tie? ;-)

    • livelyjetjester
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 6, 2010
        Being English I picked a neck tie for identification but aparently my American friends don't seem to wear them certainly here in CA. Maybe I should have a shirt printed with "My other MP3 player is a Uniden" or something.

        Thanks for all the responses. Turning off Close Call did the trick.....it feels like I have a new scanner turning my disappointment into "how cool is that"
        Pete.