Re: [BC346XT] Re: Breaks in transmission?

  • dmccorm@charter.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 5, 2010
      Sounds like digital encrypted signal if it was preceded with beeps.

      ---- MCH <mch@...> wrote:
      > Sounds like it was a digital transmission. But, I'll let someone more
      > familiar with CHP give the definitive answer.
      >
      > Joe M.
      >
      > livelyjetjester wrote:
      > >
      > > Thanks for your responses, I knew there would be a logical explanation.
      > >
      > > Something interesting happened to me this morning on the way to work. A CHP vehicle came flying past me obviously in persuit and I got a close call hit. Only thing is all I got was a couple of tones and then what I can only describe as a sound like a V8 running at 4000 RPM. This happened several times as I caught up with the CHP vehicle as he had pulled a motorist over. I was in an area between Analogue and Analogue trunking. Does anyone know what happens with close call and trunking systems?
      > > Thanks.
    • Ed Cifelli
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 5, 2010
        What kind of tie???????

        Ed

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 6, 2010
          Being English I picked a neck tie for identification but aparently my American friends don't seem to wear them certainly here in CA. Maybe I should have a shirt printed with "My other MP3 player is a Uniden" or something.

          Thanks for all the responses. Turning off Close Call did the trick.....it feels like I have a new scanner turning my disappointment into "how cool is that"
          Pete.