Re: [BC346XT] Breaks in transmission?

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 5, 2010
      Make sure Close Call, Channel Priority and Weather Priority are off.

      Joe M.

    • dmccorm@charter.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 5, 2010
        Take a look at this archived post on Radioreference:
        http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/128991-uniden-scanners-new-user.html

        ---- livelyjetjester <peter.stuff@...> wrote:
        > Hi all. I received my long awaited 346XT as a Christmas gift this year. (Think my wife already regrets the purchase!!).
        > I have been working with the included CD and managed to get a few systems programmed and have been listening to local law enforcement.
        > I have noticed a number of transmissions having gaps (sorry new to scanning so not sure of the correct term)in them and am wondering what they are. Obviously the despatcher and officer understand what is being said so I'm wondering if it is something wrong with my setup. When I do get the transmission it is as clear as a bell it just has gaps in it. Any ideas what could be going on?
        > Thanks,
        > Pete.
        > PS I'll be at CES, are 346XT owners supposed to be wearing a special colored neck tie? ;-)

      • livelyjetjester
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 5, 2010
          Thanks for your responses, I knew there would be a logical explanation.

          Something interesting happened to me this morning on the way to work. A CHP vehicle came flying past me obviously in persuit and I got a close call hit. Only thing is all I got was a couple of tones and then what I can only describe as a sound like a V8 running at 4000 RPM. This happened several times as I caught up with the CHP vehicle as he had pulled a motorist over. I was in an area between Analogue and Analogue trunking. Does anyone know what happens with close call and trunking systems?
          Thanks.
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 5, 2010
            Sounds like it was a digital transmission. But, I'll let someone more
            familiar with CHP give the definitive answer.

            Joe M.

          • dmccorm@charter.net
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 5, 2010
              Sounds like digital encrypted signal if it was preceded with beeps.

              ---- MCH <mch@...> wrote:
              > Sounds like it was a digital transmission. But, I'll let someone more
              > familiar with CHP give the definitive answer.
              >
              > Joe M.
              >
              > livelyjetjester wrote:
              > >
              > > Thanks for your responses, I knew there would be a logical explanation.
              > >
              > > Something interesting happened to me this morning on the way to work. A CHP vehicle came flying past me obviously in persuit and I got a close call hit. Only thing is all I got was a couple of tones and then what I can only describe as a sound like a V8 running at 4000 RPM. This happened several times as I caught up with the CHP vehicle as he had pulled a motorist over. I was in an area between Analogue and Analogue trunking. Does anyone know what happens with close call and trunking systems?
              > > Thanks.
            • Ed Cifelli
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 5, 2010
                What kind of tie???????

                Ed

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 6, 2010
                  Being English I picked a neck tie for identification but aparently my American friends don't seem to wear them certainly here in CA. Maybe I should have a shirt printed with "My other MP3 player is a Uniden" or something.

                  Thanks for all the responses. Turning off Close Call did the trick.....it feels like I have a new scanner turning my disappointment into "how cool is that"
                  Pete.