Re: [BC346XT] alpha tags (BC346xt)

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 8, 2009
      Twist the scroll knob. Use the 4 and 6 numbers to go left or right.

      Joe M.

    • oldschoolraider57@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 8, 2009
        Thanks I figured that out. This is the hardest time I've ever had with a trunking scanner. Sorry to bother you so much.

        From: MCH <mch@...>
        Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 19:54:02
        To: <BC346XT@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: Re: [BC346XT] alpha tags (BC346xt)

        oldschoolraider57@... wrote:
        > I got to where it says edit name there's no letters on key pad how do you enter letters.

      • Chris M.
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 8, 2009
          yes, you have to use the knob at the top to scroll through letters. Its a pain. Theres all capital letters and lower case letters to scroll through along with different characters. But you'll eventually get there

          From: MCH <mch@...>

          Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 18:19:31

          To: <BC346XT@yahoogroups .com>

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 8, 2009
            Yes, software does make it much easier.

            Joe M.

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 8, 2009
              HahaI don't know a person could take the agony of inputting everything by hand. FreeSCAN is the greatest thing since sliced bread

              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 9, 2009
                But you got to admit, if you are out in the field nd suddenly come across a frequency you want in the scanner. It sure is nice to know how to do it. Also knowing how to do it makes you appreciate the Freescan so much more!

                EdC

                HahaI don't know a person could take the agony of inputting everything by hand. FreeSCAN is the greatest thing since sliced bread

                > yes, you have to use the knob at the top to scroll through letters. Its a pain. Theres all capital letters and lower case letters to scroll through along with different characters. But you'll eventually get there

                > --- On Sun, 11/8/09, oldschoolraider57@ yahoo.com <oldschoolraider57@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                > From: oldschoolraider57@ yahoo.com <oldschoolraider57@ yahoo.com>

                > Subject: Re: [BC346XT] alpha tags (BC346xt)

                > To: BC346XT@yahoogroups .com

                > Date: Sunday, November 8, 2009, 6:50 PM

                >       I got to where it says edit name there's no letters on key pad how do you enter letters.

              • gillmore2001
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 10, 2009
                  hi all i would learn how to program by hand first then you use software to program it....