Re: [BC346XT] alpha tags (BC346xt)

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 8, 2009
      When you're on the channel, just press the ENTER key and that will put
      you in the CHANNEL EDIT menu. One of the selections will be EDIT NAME.

      Or, you can access it by the method I posted last night.

      Joe M.

    • oldschoolraider57@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 8, 2009
        Ok ill give it a go. Thanks

        From: MCH <mch@...>
        Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 18:19:31
        To: <BC346XT@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: Re: [BC346XT] alpha tags (BC346xt)

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 8, 2009
          I got to where it says edit name there's no letters on key pad how do you enter letters.

          From: MCH <mch@...>
          Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 18:19:31
          To: <BC346XT@yahoogroups.com>

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 8, 2009
            Twist the scroll knob. Use the 4 and 6 numbers to go left or right.

            Joe M.

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 8, 2009
              Thanks I figured that out. This is the hardest time I've ever had with a trunking scanner. Sorry to bother you so much.

              From: MCH <mch@...>
              Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 19:54:02
              To: <BC346XT@yahoogroups.com>

              oldschoolraider57@... wrote:
              > I got to where it says edit name there's no letters on key pad how do you enter letters.

            • Chris M.
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 8, 2009
                yes, you have to use the knob at the top to scroll through letters. Its a pain. Theres all capital letters and lower case letters to scroll through along with different characters. But you'll eventually get there

                From: MCH <mch@...>

                Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 18:19:31

                To: <BC346XT@yahoogroups .com>

                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 8, 2009
                  Yes, software does make it much easier.

                  Joe M.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 8, 2009
                    HahaI don't know a person could take the agony of inputting everything by hand. FreeSCAN is the greatest thing since sliced bread

                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 9, 2009
                      But you got to admit, if you are out in the field nd suddenly come across a frequency you want in the scanner. It sure is nice to know how to do it. Also knowing how to do it makes you appreciate the Freescan so much more!

                      EdC

                      HahaI don't know a person could take the agony of inputting everything by hand. FreeSCAN is the greatest thing since sliced bread

                      > yes, you have to use the knob at the top to scroll through letters. Its a pain. Theres all capital letters and lower case letters to scroll through along with different characters. But you'll eventually get there

                      > --- On Sun, 11/8/09, oldschoolraider57@ yahoo.com <oldschoolraider57@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                      > From: oldschoolraider57@ yahoo.com <oldschoolraider57@ yahoo.com>

                      > Subject: Re: [BC346XT] alpha tags (BC346xt)

                      > To: BC346XT@yahoogroups .com

                      > Date: Sunday, November 8, 2009, 6:50 PM

                      >       I got to where it says edit name there's no letters on key pad how do you enter letters.

                    • gillmore2001
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 10, 2009
                        hi all i would learn how to program by hand first then you use software to program it....