alpha tags (BC346xt)

  • oldschoolraider57
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 8, 2009
      have put in my conventional frequencies, but can't find anything on putting in the information (LPD, fire, etc...) my pro-94 had the alpha tags, not seeing it on CD ROM user guide. help!!!
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 8, 2009
        When you're on the channel, just press the ENTER key and that will put
        you in the CHANNEL EDIT menu. One of the selections will be EDIT NAME.

        Or, you can access it by the method I posted last night.

        Joe M.

      • oldschoolraider57@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 8, 2009
          Ok ill give it a go. Thanks

          From: MCH <mch@...>
          Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 18:19:31
          To: <BC346XT@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: Re: [BC346XT] alpha tags (BC346xt)

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 8, 2009
            I got to where it says edit name there's no letters on key pad how do you enter letters.

            From: MCH <mch@...>
            Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 18:19:31
            To: <BC346XT@yahoogroups.com>

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 8, 2009
              Twist the scroll knob. Use the 4 and 6 numbers to go left or right.

              Joe M.

              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 8, 2009
                Thanks I figured that out. This is the hardest time I've ever had with a trunking scanner. Sorry to bother you so much.

                From: MCH <mch@...>
                Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 19:54:02
                To: <BC346XT@yahoogroups.com>

                oldschoolraider57@... wrote:
                > I got to where it says edit name there's no letters on key pad how do you enter letters.

              • Chris M.
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 8, 2009
                  yes, you have to use the knob at the top to scroll through letters. Its a pain. Theres all capital letters and lower case letters to scroll through along with different characters. But you'll eventually get there

                  From: MCH <mch@...>

                  Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 18:19:31

                  To: <BC346XT@yahoogroups .com>

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 8, 2009
                    Yes, software does make it much easier.

                    Joe M.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 8, 2009
                      HahaI don't know a person could take the agony of inputting everything by hand. FreeSCAN is the greatest thing since sliced bread

                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 9, 2009
                        But you got to admit, if you are out in the field nd suddenly come across a frequency you want in the scanner. It sure is nice to know how to do it. Also knowing how to do it makes you appreciate the Freescan so much more!

                        EdC

                        HahaI don't know a person could take the agony of inputting everything by hand. FreeSCAN is the greatest thing since sliced bread

                        > yes, you have to use the knob at the top to scroll through letters. Its a pain. Theres all capital letters and lower case letters to scroll through along with different characters. But you'll eventually get there

                        > --- On Sun, 11/8/09, oldschoolraider57@ yahoo.com <oldschoolraider57@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                        > From: oldschoolraider57@ yahoo.com <oldschoolraider57@ yahoo.com>

                        > Subject: Re: [BC346XT] alpha tags (BC346xt)

                        > To: BC346XT@yahoogroups .com

                        > Date: Sunday, November 8, 2009, 6:50 PM

                        >       I got to where it says edit name there's no letters on key pad how do you enter letters.

                      • gillmore2001
                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 10, 2009
                          hi all i would learn how to program by hand first then you use software to program it....