Re: HI! glad to see you guys are here. Just got mine today

  • DeanP
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 25, 2009
      --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, "Sandhya" <sandhya60@...> wrote:

      > Its a far cry from my old bearcat programable of years past, now I am going to be spending lots of fall nights learning how to program it. I will be ordering the software soon and will use this as a "brain exercise" activity for myself. You guys will see periodic questions from me over the next few months. Proud owner of a new 346xt!

      Hope you get lots of good advice that I can use as well as I'm a newbie to the 346XT!!
    • Tom
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 25, 2009
        Before you "order the software" you might try some of the ones available online that are either free or have free trial periods - best way to find what you like or fits your style best.

        Tom

        --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, "Sandhya" <sandhya60@...> wrote:

        > Its a far cry from my old bearcat programable of years past, now I am going to be spending lots of fall nights learning how to program it. I will be ordering the software soon and will use this as a "brain exercise" activity for myself. You guys will see periodic questions from me over the next few months. Proud owner of a new 346xt!

      • Ed Cifelli
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 27, 2009
          Dean
          I have one that belongs to a customer of the Radio Shack where I work. I have just spent the last month trying to figure out how it works. All I can say is to read the manual very closely, then go back and read it again. It took 2 weeks to figure out how to make it work. My brain was stuck in the normal mode.Check out the different software before you by it and make sure you can get it to work the way you want. I am using ScanCat because I have others to program also.Mine arrives tomorrow, to compliment the 4 RS ones that I have.
          EdCConcho AZ

          > Its a far cry from my old bearcat programable of years past, now I am going to be spending lots of fall nights learning how to program it. I will be ordering the software soon and will use this as a "brain exercise" activity for myself. You guys will see periodic questions from me over the next few months. Proud owner of a new 346xt!

          Hope you get lots of good advice that I can use as well as I'm a newbie to the 346XT!!

        • Bigden
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 28, 2009

            Hey Guys,I Programed Mine With Freescan In About 10 Minutes..But It Took A lot Of Reading,,To Figure Out What The Button Functions Were,,,This Page Helped Me More Than Anything>> http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BC346XT This Is My First Trunk-Tracker scanner,,,Ive Owned Scanners For 30yrs..But The Area Where I Live Went To Trunked Systems in 2002 so i kinda been in the dark ,, happy scanning :)