Is it this bad???? New Scanner, No scanning.

  • hangon50
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 19 9:11 AM
      I just received my new scanner a couple days ago. I'm ready to ship it back. What a mistake. Still haven't figured out how to make it scan something. Still haven't heard a word. Owner's Manual is all greek to me. I'm not interested in all the tech terms. All I want to do is punch in some frequencies or a range of frequencies and listen to them. I had a scanner before and all I did was enter a range of frequencies or individual frequencies. Can't even get off the ground with this one.
      Is there a beginner's guide for this?
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 19 1:55 PM
        Are you using software? If so, just find a file for your area, DL it
        into the scanner, enable the System Quick Keys, and you're scanning.

        Joe M.

        hangon50 wrote:
        > I just received my new scanner a couple days ago. I'm ready to ship it back. What a mistake. Still haven't figured out how to make it scan something. Still haven't heard a word. Owner's Manual is all greek to me. I'm not interested in all the tech terms. All I want to do is punch in some frequencies or a range of frequencies and listen to them. I had a scanner before and all I did was enter a range of frequencies or individual frequencies. Can't even get off the ground with this one.
        > Is there a beginner's guide for this?

      • Dale
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 20 1:09 AM
          Ship it to me. In return I will ship you a MUCH easier to use and learn scanner. Anything to help out a fellow scanner listener. The one I will send you does not have all that complicated "junk" on it. Your welcome.

          Dale

          I just received my new scanner a couple days ago. I'm ready to ship it back. What a mistake. Still haven't figured out how to make it scan something. Still haven't heard a word. Owner's Manual is all greek to me. I'm not interested in all the tech terms. All I want to do is punch in some frequencies or a range of frequencies and listen to them. I had a scanner before and all I did was enter a range of frequencies or individual frequencies. Can't even get off the ground with this one.
          Is there a beginner's guide for this?

        • Rob Chandler
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 20 1:59 AM
            I bought a 346xt a few months ago and was having similar problems. I ended up buying some
            software called ProScan (there are others as well) and that helped a lot.

            Rob