Re: [BC346XT] Re: Programming online help

  • Robert McKim
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 24, 2009
      I don't see the Import button and I can't slect the frequencies unless I highlight them. There is no place to check, the frequencies I want to download. I click on Reference Databace, than Ohio, than Harrison County, and I get the freguencies, and a map of the county and State. There is a place at the top that say download, but that takes me to a page that tells me to buy a membership, get a program, than sign in, but nothing else to hepl me to understand how to download the frequencies. I have had this for almost a month now, and my friend that wanted it is getting upset. The store where I bought it won't take it back. He paid $268.00 for it and wants his money back if I can't get it to work, but both Uniden and the store said he is stuck with it and for me to cotact Radio Reference about the programming problem. I have a RadioShack scanner where all I had to do was program the frequencies one at a time, nothing like this headake.
      Bob

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 25, 2009
        Hello,

        In order to use Radio Reference to program a scanner via a PC you have to
        have a software package that supports the transfer. You cannot just go to
        Radio Reference and download directly to your scanner. I would suggest that
        you download FreeScan from ScanNow.org. That program's author is the one who
        gave you information about the import feature (which is located under the
        File menu item). To directly import to your scanner from FreeScan (or any
        software package that works for the 346XT and supports downloading from
        Radio Reference) you will need to subscribe for a membership. FreeScan also
        has a feature that lets you copy and paste from Radio Reference but it is
        not automatic.

        Hopefully I have understood your problem correctly and this will get you
        moving in the right direction.

        Don, KE4JD

        _____

        --- On Fri, 7/24/09, nocreativety <ASSAF_X@HOTMAIL.

        From: nocreativety <ASSAF_X@HOTMAIL. <mailto:ASSAF_X%40HOTMAIL.COM> COM>
        To: BC346XT@yahoogroups <mailto:BC346XT%40yahoogroups.com> .com
        Date: Friday, July 24, 2009, 8:22 AM

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 25, 2009
          Thank you,
          I have subscribed to Radio Reference, and I downloaded both FreeSCAN and ProScan. Someone tole me the Import the information from Radio Reference to FreeSCAN, but I don't see the Import button on FreeSCAN or Reaio Reference. I am at a loss on how to get the frequences from Radio Reference to FreeSCAN. I click on download on Radio Reference, but all it does it to take me to another page, I click on upload than check all, but nothing shows up in the box. I found out yesterday whilw playing around with FreeSCAN other informanion when I right click on the box in FreeSCAN before you clock on any of the upload or download buttens.
          I like the older scanners much better than this one. This programming from PC to scanner is not good for thoes that don't have a PC. The man that bought it don't have a PC and thats why I have been working on it for alomst a month now. But I will keep trying.
          Thank you for your time in this matter.
          Bob (KD8IEW)

          From: nocreativety <ASSAF_X@HOTMAIL. <mailto:ASSAF_ X%40HOTMAIL. COM> COM>
          To: BC346XT@yahoogroups <mailto:BC346XT% 40yahoogroups. com> .com
          Date: Friday, July 24, 2009, 8:22 AM

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 25, 2009
            Hello again,

            Okay, good. We know where we are now I think.

            In FreeScan click on File and then click Import then click on Radio
            Reference Conventional or Radio Reference Trunked. Enter your user login
            name and password for Radio Reference. Select your country, state/province
            and county. Then select each system you want from the list presented and
            click Import. Do this for all the systems you want for the type you selected
            (conventional or trunked). Exit button at the top right of the form when
            done. As you import systems you will see them show up on the main FreeScan
            form. Do the same thing for the other system type.

            You will need to set System Quick Key and Group Quick Key information on
            each of the systems and then, assuming you have already verified that you
            are connected to the scanner click the Scanner and Up arrow button (Upload)
            and follow the screen prompts for uploading the systems to your scanner.

            Now assuming that I understand where you try this and let us know how it
            worked out for you.

            Don, KE4JD

            _____

            From: nocreativety <ASSAF_X@HOTMAIL. <mailto:ASSAF_ X%40HOTMAIL. COM> COM>
            To: BC346XT@yahoogroups <mailto:BC346XT% 40yahoogroups. com> .com
            Date: Friday, July 24, 2009, 8:22 AM

            To use the RR import feature, you have to click on the button called
            "Import" after you have made your selections. It will then download the
            systems to FreeSCAN. Then you use the Upload To Scanner function to send
            them to your scanner.

            --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups .com, kd8iew@... wrote:

            > Hi,
            > I tried to check on what I want to download, but when I plug the scanner
            in to my pc and click on upload it tells me all the cities and states that
            is preprogramed in it. I click on the state than the county in Radio
            Reference that I want to download, than I click on download and it takes me
            to the page that tells me how Radio Reference works. So I was playing around
            and clicked on Law Enforcement, Fire/EMS, Ham and tage the frequencies, than
            the box. This is on FreeSCAN. I just don't know how to program from the pc
            to the scanner. I know how to program a scanner where you put the frequency
            in one at a time.Bob

          • nocreativety
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 25, 2009
              All good advice.

              There is also the Wiki available which includes some screen shots to help.

              http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Freescan_RR_Conv_Import
              http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Freescan_RR_Trunk_Import

              I would suggest trying out the conventional import first to get a feel for how the systems and downloaded, and how to upload them to your scanner. Once you do that, you can move on to trunk systems that are a bit more complicated but similar in concept.

              --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, "DMAScanning" <dmascanning@...> wrote:

              > Hello again,
              >
              > Okay, good. We know where we are now I think.
              >
              > In FreeScan click on File and then click Import then click on Radio
              > Reference Conventional or Radio Reference Trunked. Enter your user login
              > name and password for Radio Reference. Select your country, state/province
              > and county. Then select each system you want from the list presented and
              > click Import.
            • Robert McKim
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 25, 2009
                Thank you,

                That was a big help, now I know how to do it.

                Thank you for you help.

                Bob KD8IEW

                From: nocreativety <ASSAF_X@HOTMAIL. <mailto:ASSAF_ X%40HOTMAIL. COM> COM>
                To: BC346XT@yahoogroups <mailto:BC346XT% 40yahoogroups. com> .com
                Date: Friday, July 24, 2009, 8:22 AM

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 27, 2009
                  Well,
                  I got all the local Counties around where we live programed into the scanner and all the pre-programed Cities and States, I found out how to delete them and all there is left is just the Counties I programed into the scanner. Now I can give it to my friend that had me buy it for him and show him how it works.
                  Thank you for your help in this matter.
                  Bob KD8IEW

                  From: DMAScanning <dmascanning@ bellsouth. net>

                  To: BC346XT@yahoogroups .com

                  From: DMAScanning <dmascanning@ <mailto:dmascanning %40bellsouth. net>

                  bellsouth.net>

                  To: BC346XT@yahoogroups <mailto:BC346XT% 40yahoogroups. com> .com

                  From: BC346XT@yahoogroups .com [mailto:BC346XT@ yahoogroups .com] On Behalf

                  Of

                  Robert McKim

                  From: nocreativety <ASSAF_X@HOTMAIL. <mailto:ASSAF_ X%40HOTMAIL. COM> COM>

                  To: BC346XT@yahoogroups <mailto:BC346XT% 40yahoogroups. com> .com

                  Date: Friday, July 24, 2009, 8:22 AM

                  To use the RR import feature, you have to click on the button called

                  "Import" after you have made your selections. It will then download the

                  systems to FreeSCAN. Then you use the Upload To Scanner function to send

                  them to your scanner.

                  --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups .com, kd8iew@... wrote:

                  > Hi,

                  > I tried to check on what I want to download, but when I plug the scanner

                  in to my pc and click on upload it tells me all the cities and states that

                  is preprogramed in it. I click on the state than the county in Radio

                  Reference that I want to download, than I click on download and it takes me

                  to the page that tells me how Radio Reference works. So I was playing around

                  and clicked on Law Enforcement, Fire/EMS, Ham and tage the frequencies, than

                  the box. This is on FreeSCAN. I just don't know how to program from the pc

                  to the scanner. I know how to program a scanner where you put the frequency

                  in one at a time.Bob

                • JAN FINE
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 27, 2009
                    Next time tell him if he wants a scanner to buy it himself and learn how to use it himself. Looks like you got in a little over your head. How can you teach him about something you don't know.

                    From: DMAScanning <dmascanning@ <mailto:dmascanning %40bellsouth. net>

                    bellsouth.net>

                    To: BC346XT@yahoogroups <mailto:BC346XT% 40yahoogroups. com> .com

                    From: BC346XT@yahoogroups .com [mailto:BC346XT@ yahoogroups .com] On Behalf