Re: [BC346XT] Programming online help

  • kd8iew@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 24, 2009
      Hi,
      I tried to check on what I want to download, but when I plug the scanner in to my pc and click on upload it tells me all the cities and states that is preprogramed in it. I click on the state than the county in Radio Reference that I want to download, than I click on download and it takes me to the page that tells me how Radio Reference works. So I was playing around and clicked on Law Enforcement, Fire/EMS, Ham and tage the frequencies, than go back and click on download, click on check all, but nothing shows up in the box. This is on FreeSCAN. I just don't know how to program from the pc to the scanner. I know how to program a scanner where you put the frequency in one at a time.Bob

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 24, 2009
        To use the RR import feature, you have to click on the button called "Import" after you have made your selections. It will then download the systems to FreeSCAN. Then you use the Upload To Scanner function to send them to your scanner.

        --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, kd8iew@... wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I tried to check on what I want to download, but when I plug the scanner in to my pc and click on upload it tells me all the cities and states that is preprogramed in it. I click on the state than the county in Radio Reference that I want to download, than I click on download and it takes me to the page that tells me how Radio Reference works. So I was playing around and clicked on Law Enforcement, Fire/EMS, Ham and tage the frequencies, than go back and click on download, click on check all, but nothing shows up in the box. This is on FreeSCAN. I just don't know how to program from the pc to the scanner. I know how to program a scanner where you put the frequency in one at a time.Bob

      • Robert McKim
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 24, 2009
          I don't see the Import button and I can't slect the frequencies unless I highlight them. There is no place to check, the frequencies I want to download. I click on Reference Databace, than Ohio, than Harrison County, and I get the freguencies, and a map of the county and State. There is a place at the top that say download, but that takes me to a page that tells me to buy a membership, get a program, than sign in, but nothing else to hepl me to understand how to download the frequencies. I have had this for almost a month now, and my friend that wanted it is getting upset. The store where I bought it won't take it back. He paid $268.00 for it and wants his money back if I can't get it to work, but both Uniden and the store said he is stuck with it and for me to cotact Radio Reference about the programming problem. I have a RadioShack scanner where all I had to do was program the frequencies one at a time, nothing like this headake.
          Bob

          To use the RR import feature, you have to click on the button called "Import" after you have made your selections. It will then download the systems to FreeSCAN. Then you use the Upload To Scanner function to send them to your scanner.

          --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups .com, kd8iew@... wrote:

          > Hi,
          > I tried to check on what I want to download, but when I plug the scanner in to my pc and click on upload it tells me all the cities and states that is preprogramed in it. I click on the state than the county in Radio Reference that I want to download, than I click on download and it takes me to the page that tells me how Radio Reference works. So I was playing around and clicked on Law Enforcement, Fire/EMS, Ham and tage the frequencies, than go back and click on download, click on check all, but nothing shows up in the box. This is on FreeSCAN. I just don't know how to program from the pc to the scanner. I know how to program a scanner where you put the frequency in one at a time.Bob

        • DMAScanning
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 25, 2009
            Hello,

            In order to use Radio Reference to program a scanner via a PC you have to
            have a software package that supports the transfer. You cannot just go to
            Radio Reference and download directly to your scanner. I would suggest that
            you download FreeScan from ScanNow.org. That program's author is the one who
            gave you information about the import feature (which is located under the
            File menu item). To directly import to your scanner from FreeScan (or any
            software package that works for the 346XT and supports downloading from
            Radio Reference) you will need to subscribe for a membership. FreeScan also
            has a feature that lets you copy and paste from Radio Reference but it is
            not automatic.

            Hopefully I have understood your problem correctly and this will get you
            moving in the right direction.

            Don, KE4JD

            _____

            --- On Fri, 7/24/09, nocreativety <ASSAF_X@HOTMAIL.

            From: nocreativety <ASSAF_X@HOTMAIL. <mailto:ASSAF_X%40HOTMAIL.COM> COM>
            To: BC346XT@yahoogroups <mailto:BC346XT%40yahoogroups.com> .com
            Date: Friday, July 24, 2009, 8:22 AM

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 25, 2009
              Thank you,
              I have subscribed to Radio Reference, and I downloaded both FreeSCAN and ProScan. Someone tole me the Import the information from Radio Reference to FreeSCAN, but I don't see the Import button on FreeSCAN or Reaio Reference. I am at a loss on how to get the frequences from Radio Reference to FreeSCAN. I click on download on Radio Reference, but all it does it to take me to another page, I click on upload than check all, but nothing shows up in the box. I found out yesterday whilw playing around with FreeSCAN other informanion when I right click on the box in FreeSCAN before you clock on any of the upload or download buttens.
              I like the older scanners much better than this one. This programming from PC to scanner is not good for thoes that don't have a PC. The man that bought it don't have a PC and thats why I have been working on it for alomst a month now. But I will keep trying.
              Thank you for your time in this matter.
              Bob (KD8IEW)

              From: nocreativety <ASSAF_X@HOTMAIL. <mailto:ASSAF_ X%40HOTMAIL. COM> COM>
              To: BC346XT@yahoogroups <mailto:BC346XT% 40yahoogroups. com> .com
              Date: Friday, July 24, 2009, 8:22 AM

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 25, 2009
                Hello again,

                Okay, good. We know where we are now I think.

                In FreeScan click on File and then click Import then click on Radio
                Reference Conventional or Radio Reference Trunked. Enter your user login
                name and password for Radio Reference. Select your country, state/province
                and county. Then select each system you want from the list presented and
                click Import. Do this for all the systems you want for the type you selected
                (conventional or trunked). Exit button at the top right of the form when
                done. As you import systems you will see them show up on the main FreeScan
                form. Do the same thing for the other system type.

                You will need to set System Quick Key and Group Quick Key information on
                each of the systems and then, assuming you have already verified that you
                are connected to the scanner click the Scanner and Up arrow button (Upload)
                and follow the screen prompts for uploading the systems to your scanner.

                Now assuming that I understand where you try this and let us know how it
                worked out for you.

                Don, KE4JD

                _____

                From: nocreativety <ASSAF_X@HOTMAIL. <mailto:ASSAF_ X%40HOTMAIL. COM> COM>
                To: BC346XT@yahoogroups <mailto:BC346XT% 40yahoogroups. com> .com
                Date: Friday, July 24, 2009, 8:22 AM

                To use the RR import feature, you have to click on the button called
                "Import" after you have made your selections. It will then download the
                systems to FreeSCAN. Then you use the Upload To Scanner function to send
                them to your scanner.

                --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups .com, kd8iew@... wrote:

                > Hi,
                > I tried to check on what I want to download, but when I plug the scanner
                in to my pc and click on upload it tells me all the cities and states that
                is preprogramed in it. I click on the state than the county in Radio
                Reference that I want to download, than I click on download and it takes me
                to the page that tells me how Radio Reference works. So I was playing around
                and clicked on Law Enforcement, Fire/EMS, Ham and tage the frequencies, than
                the box. This is on FreeSCAN. I just don't know how to program from the pc
                to the scanner. I know how to program a scanner where you put the frequency
                in one at a time.Bob

              • nocreativety
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 25, 2009
                  All good advice.

                  There is also the Wiki available which includes some screen shots to help.

                  http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Freescan_RR_Conv_Import
                  http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Freescan_RR_Trunk_Import

                  I would suggest trying out the conventional import first to get a feel for how the systems and downloaded, and how to upload them to your scanner. Once you do that, you can move on to trunk systems that are a bit more complicated but similar in concept.

                  --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, "DMAScanning" <dmascanning@...> wrote:

                  > Hello again,
                  >
                  > Okay, good. We know where we are now I think.
                  >
                  > In FreeScan click on File and then click Import then click on Radio
                  > Reference Conventional or Radio Reference Trunked. Enter your user login
                  > name and password for Radio Reference. Select your country, state/province
                  > and county. Then select each system you want from the list presented and
                  > click Import.
                • Robert McKim
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 25, 2009
                    Thank you,

                    That was a big help, now I know how to do it.

                    Thank you for you help.

                    Bob KD8IEW

                    From: nocreativety <ASSAF_X@HOTMAIL. <mailto:ASSAF_ X%40HOTMAIL. COM> COM>
                    To: BC346XT@yahoogroups <mailto:BC346XT% 40yahoogroups. com> .com
                    Date: Friday, July 24, 2009, 8:22 AM

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 27, 2009
                      Well,
                      I got all the local Counties around where we live programed into the scanner and all the pre-programed Cities and States, I found out how to delete them and all there is left is just the Counties I programed into the scanner. Now I can give it to my friend that had me buy it for him and show him how it works.
                      Thank you for your help in this matter.
                      Bob KD8IEW

                      From: DMAScanning <dmascanning@ bellsouth. net>

                      To: BC346XT@yahoogroups .com

                      From: DMAScanning <dmascanning@ <mailto:dmascanning %40bellsouth. net>

                      bellsouth.net>

                      To: BC346XT@yahoogroups <mailto:BC346XT% 40yahoogroups. com> .com

                      From: BC346XT@yahoogroups .com [mailto:BC346XT@ yahoogroups .com] On Behalf

                      Of

                      Robert McKim

                      From: nocreativety <ASSAF_X@HOTMAIL. <mailto:ASSAF_ X%40HOTMAIL. COM> COM>

                      To: BC346XT@yahoogroups <mailto:BC346XT% 40yahoogroups. com> .com

                      Date: Friday, July 24, 2009, 8:22 AM

                      To use the RR import feature, you have to click on the button called

                      "Import" after you have made your selections. It will then download the

                      systems to FreeSCAN. Then you use the Upload To Scanner function to send

                      them to your scanner.

                      --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups .com, kd8iew@... wrote:

                      > Hi,

                      > I tried to check on what I want to download, but when I plug the scanner

                      in to my pc and click on upload it tells me all the cities and states that

                      is preprogramed in it. I click on the state than the county in Radio

                      Reference that I want to download, than I click on download and it takes me

                      to the page that tells me how Radio Reference works. So I was playing around

                      and clicked on Law Enforcement, Fire/EMS, Ham and tage the frequencies, than

                      the box. This is on FreeSCAN. I just don't know how to program from the pc

                      to the scanner. I know how to program a scanner where you put the frequency

                      in one at a time.Bob

                    • JAN FINE
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 27, 2009
                        Next time tell him if he wants a scanner to buy it himself and learn how to use it himself. Looks like you got in a little over your head. How can you teach him about something you don't know.

                        From: DMAScanning <dmascanning@ <mailto:dmascanning %40bellsouth. net>

                        bellsouth.net>

                        To: BC346XT@yahoogroups <mailto:BC346XT% 40yahoogroups. com> .com

                        From: BC346XT@yahoogroups .com [mailto:BC346XT@ yahoogroups .com] On Behalf