One last anomoly

  • Roth Ritter
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 5, 2009
      Everything seems to be working great with the BC346XT; I even
      successfully backed up everything with FreeScan and upgraded the
      firmware to the latest. The only question I have now may or may not be
      related to the scanner. For some reason, the audio blanks out for
      about 2 seconds every 5 seconds. It happens all the time while on any
      random channel whether with just static and the squelch down to 0 or
      receiving a strong signal. It has been a steady and constant pattern
      since I got it 2 weeks ago. I don't know if this is some kind of
      interference at my location or if the radio is doing it. Anyone hear
      or have anything like this go on? Thanks -

      PS: Interestingly, my local weather radio frequency of 162.550 is the
      only station across the whole range that does not do this.

      Dark Atmospheres / a s t r o p h o t o g r a p h y \
      http://www.darkatmospheres.com/astro

    • tomvanderpool
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 5, 2009
        You might want to check your weather alt priority setting. Make sure it is off.

        Generally, when you have an interruption every x seconds, it is one of the priority settings.

        Tom

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 5, 2009
          The knowledge on this group is impressive; I guess I still have a lot
          to learn, you hit the nail on the head Tom. I had the weather alert
          priority on that was causing it. Thanks!

          On Jul 5, 2009, at 7:05 PM, tomvanderpool wrote:

          > You might want to check your weather alt priority setting. Make sure
          > it is off.
          >
          > Generally, when you have an interruption every x seconds, it is one
          > of the priority settings.
          >
          > Tom
          >
          > --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, Roth Ritter <orbital@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Everything seems to be working great with the BC346XT; I even
          > > successfully backed up everything with FreeScan and upgraded the
          > > firmware to the latest. The only question I have now may or may
          > not be
          > > related to the scanner. For some reason, the audio blanks out for
          > > about 2 seconds every 5 seconds. It happens all the time while on
          > any
          > > random channel whether with just static and the squelch down to 0 or
          > > receiving a strong signal. It has been a steady and constant pattern
          > > since I got it 2 weeks ago. I don't know if this is some kind of
          > > interference at my location or if the radio is doing it. Anyone hear
          > > or have anything like this go on? Thanks -
          > >
          > > PS: Interestingly, my local weather radio frequency of 162.550 is
          > the
          > > only station across the whole range that does not do this.
          > >

          > > Dark Atmospheres / a s t r o p h o t o g r a p h y \
          > > http://www.darkatmospheres.com/astro

        • JAN FINE
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 5, 2009
            If it's not the weather, it might be close call or priority on.