Re: Groups not showing up *FIXED

  • Ron H.
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 4, 2009
      Comuter interface, means programing via the computer, AND here is what I do. When you are done updating he sytem, then of course it ask if you want to save it. Nice thing about this is that should something happen to the memory of the scanner, then just resend the saved file. When it ask you to clear all data first, answer YES, or you may retain the previous problem when reloading the scanner.
      --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups.com, Roth Ritter <orbital@...> wrote:

      > Indeed, I don't want to be caught with lost memory banks. I haven't
      > had a chance to try PC interfacing but will soon.
      >

      > Dark Atmospheres / a s t r o p h o t o g r a p h y \
      > http://www.darkatmospheres.com/astro
      >

      > On Jul 3, 2009, at 5:20 PM, MCH wrote:
      >

      > > As your menu was saying the GQKs were programmed, and the scanner was
      > > displaying that they were not, my next suggestion was going to be that
      > > you back up your data, reset the scanner, then reload your data. That
      > > still might be a prudent thing to do.
      > >
      > > Joe M.
      > >
      > > Roth Ritter wrote:
      > > > Ok, I *finally* resolved the problem but I still don't understand
      > > what
      > > > happened to begin with.
      > > >
      > > > What I did to fix this was go into the first group which was set to
      > > > GQK "1". I changed the quick key to "." which is no key and then it
      > > > and all of the other groups re-appeared for scanning. At that
      > > point, I
      > > > changed it back to "1" and now everything seems fine once again.
      > > This
      > > > seems like a software bug to me. Maybe the quick key assignments in
      > > > memory somehow got corrupt? I might want to upgrade the firmware for
      > > > good measure.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks for all of the input and help on this -
      > > >

      > > > Dark Atmospheres / a s t r o p h o t o g r a p h y \
      > > > http://www.darkatmospheres.com/astro

      > > and
      > > not

    • Roth Ritter
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 4, 2009
        While we're on the subject of computer interfacing, what software is
        good for scanner programming? I'm new to scanner PC interfacing and
        I've seen one or two free apps out there but don't know anything about
        them.

        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 4, 2009
          Right now, AFAIK you have two choices: FreeScan and ProScan. Soon you
          will have ARC-XT to add to that list, and somewhere down the road UASD,
          ScanControl, bcTool, and perhaps others.

          Joe M.

          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 4, 2009
            If it happens again, contact me directly. I'd like to get a clone of your setup for study (I can provide the tool/instructions).

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 4, 2009
              I will, thanks Paul. As best I can remember I was adding a new group
              to the site in question and changing the GQK order of the last two
              groups at or around the time it began acting like this. I know that's
              not enough concrete info to help much, but I'll be better prepared
              next time.

              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 4, 2009
                Thanks Joe, yes FreeScan is the one I remember running across.

              • dmascanning@bellsouth.net
                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 4, 2009
                  Hi Paul,

                  You should have a clone of mine that I sent you on the other XT group. That is why I could not get priority to work.

                  Don, KE4JD

                  -------------- Original message from Paul Opitz <pmanu44@...>: --------------