978RE: [BC346XT] Trunked or Conventional?

    Apr 29, 2014

      An advantage for the scanner user, or for the system user? For the latter, it’s being able to share a few frequencies among a large number of users, have a large number of talk groups (usually along functional lines, with a few spares), high equipment commonality, and easy programmability. In my city, the system is named for Public Safety, but the transit system is also among the users. For the scanner user, I don’t think there’s much advantage to either system.

      From: BC346XT@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BC346XT@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of One Thing
      Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 2:44 PM
      To: BC346XT@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [BC346XT] Trunked or Conventional?

      I didn't get the Premium subscription ($15) to get the Conventional.   I just entered them on my computer using FreeScan.   $15 is no big deal, but I'm just trying to figure out if there's a big advantage of Trunking over the Conventional.

      On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 8:08 PM, Mark W. Walton <mark.walton@...> wrote:

      I’m in Canada; Free Scan worked fine for me in loading the trunked channels in my city.