890Re: [BC346XT] Talk group Ida and system Ids

  • Uniden UPMan
    May 15 3:36 PM
      For the first question, you must play detective.

      For the second, talk groups don't "go with" system sites. What happens is that if a user whos radio is set for a particular channel affiliates with a site, then that site will carry traffic for that channel. If no user for a particular channel is associated with a site, that site will not carry that channel's traffic. It is somewhat dynamic in that regard. (There are some specific exceptions where the system administrator can prevent certain channels from affiliating with certain sites, but that is fairly uncommon.)

      So, on a statewide system like Colorado, the sites to the far west will not typically carry Denver traffic. But if someone from Denver drives out west with their radio set to a Denver channel, each site that the radio affiliates with will carry the Denver channel traffic until the radio affiliates with another site (or is otherwise out of range).

      UpMan