852Re: Trying again

  • xrboys
    Feb 28, 2013
      I'm starting to wonder if the problem is elsewhere, no matter how fast I push F + GQK, only the System Quick Keys toggle back and forth. I just uploaded a local guys Highway Patrol programming and although the scanner looks like it is scanning and the SQK work perfectly, there is no sound, no calls coming through. In service searches, the speaker and sound work fine, but scanning on the programming brings nothing. The programming came from a BCT15X but I thought these were kind of 'sister' scanners and compatible.
      I have another 346 with the same problem, scanning great - no sounds/calls. I've tried no squelch and all squelch and in between. Volume is up. The Group line just has hyphens not x or # toggle. Does that mean there are no groups? I'll print out the Freescan, Detailed report and see if that explains it. The frustrating thing is that real scanner guys would pick mine up, find the problem in two seconds, chuckle, and fix it and then explain "you needed to have this off/on".
      Thanks for everybody's help.
      Any idea what is wrong?