      From: BC346XT@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BC346XT@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jonathan Coles
      Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2012 9:35 PM
      To: BC346XT@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [BC346XT] Help

      So MCH, when you talk about "systems", do you mean
      trunk-tracking systems? I haven't attempted any of those
      yet. But that's where comms are going these days, so I'll
      have to find some way to learn about that. Am I right that
      there's no way to scan for a trunk system (even just finding
      a system control channel)? From the Program System menu it
      looks like you have to know intimate technical details about
      the system in advance of being able to listen to anything.

      So far, I have used direct entry, custom searches, and the
      Service scan. "Service" seems to be a different concept from
      "system". But it's not possible to see what frequencies or
      ranges are pre-programmed and there's no provision to define
      new services.

      It's going to take me a long time with the "Easier to read"
      manual and FreeScan to learn how to do much with this unit.