      From: Gus Oliver Davis
      To: BC346XT@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2011 6:30 PM
      Subject: Re: [BC346XT] RE: New Scanner

      These new scanner's may seem complex and they are in some ways but this is in
      response to the new technologies in radio. I hope you understand how our nation
      is converting to digital transmissions in the public service and other sectors
      and you need to know that you have an anologue scanner (the most powerful ever
      made available in the US) and if your location is broadcasting in the anologue
      format you will be able to recieve all thier transmissions in great detail with
      your BC 346 XT. Of course all radio reception is based on power of transmission
      and the antenna on your recieving end. Having said that, you really should
      download the ARC XT PRO for Uniden XT series. You can purchase a six month
      subscription for less than $15 and it will give you all the channels in your
      area for you to edit to your preferences and you just hit the upload to scanner
      button and that's it, couldn't be any sweeter. You may want to go to
      scannermaster.com and check out the large assortment of world class antenna's
      for your scanner. I have this scanner also and love the power it gives me.

      ________________________________
      From: JAN FINE <jan_fine@...>
      Subject: [BC346XT] RE: New Scanner
      To: BC346XT@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, December 31, 2010, 10:57 PM

      The scanner comes programed with some of the most popular areas of the

      country.

      However if my memory is correct they are turned off. You must turn the

      quick keys on.

      I forgot if they were in the 20-29 or 60-69 quick keys. You will see an

      asterisk where there is something programed.