      From: "jsturm@..." <jsturm@...>
      To: BC346XT@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wed, December 1, 2010 9:20:59 PM
      Subject: [BC346XT] Phantom Talkgroups

      I've been scanning since I had to manual tune a tube-circuit unit wired
      through my Blaupunkt FM radio. The 346 I bought yesterday is my third
      Uniden trunk scanner.

      I programmed it with ARC - XT via downloaded Radio Reference Data info.

      Here's the problem.

      Let's say that I'm monitoring Talkgroup 4464. I'll get the audio from
      that talkgroup, and audio from other talkgroups in that system on 4464.

      Example: 4464 is a patrol talkgroup for a division in north suburban
      Toronto. 32.33 Divisions. Sharing the north tower are ambulance, fire,
      and police admin talkgroups. Some of them will come through 4464. The
      unit is on scan. If I hold the unit on 4464, the same phenomenon occurs.
      Another example: an admin parking officer frequency also carries
      divisional patrol frequencies at times.

      So, where is this weirdness coming from? A software bug at my end? A bug
      in the TPS Motorola system? It only seems to happen on the Toronto
      system. It does not seem to occur on other trunk systems in the
      area--but they are running only one system. Toronto runs four towers. So
      talkgroups often are heard on more than one tower.

      Is there a setting that either RR or ARC has wrong? BTW, this problem
      happened very rarely with my 245, but it happens almost continually with
      my 346 ( the firmware is 1.0.4).

      I'm at a loss to figure this out. What am I missing?

      Thanks in advance for the help.