      From: Ubbe . <ubbe02@...>
      To: BC346XT@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wed, June 9, 2010 1:33:13 AM
      Subject: Re: [BC346XT] Re: Unable to use priority scan on trunked motorola channels.

      The Uniden talkgroup priority isn't working as one would expect.
      A normal system radio decodes the low speed subtone datasignal on the voice channel, where info are sent out about which other talkgroups gets activated in the system.

      BC346XT do not decode that info, it only decode the high speed control channel data and as a result it only switch to a prio talkgroup when the scanner is idle on the control channel.

      As BC346XT have a subtone decoder one thinks it would have been possible to make a "real" priority function similar to what the actual radios in the system use. Perhaps it is a patent issue.

      Ubbe.