323Re: [BC346XT] Re: antenna choice

    Apr 22, 2010
      I used to hate the SMA (well, dislike it), but then I started to look at
      it differently: When my BNC connector wears out, it will be much easier
      to replace it than it used to be.

      As for those who may complain about insertion loss, there is less than
      0.05 dB of insertion loss (IOW, nothing to would ever be able to notice).

      I do with the adapter were black (and yes, I know you can get them in
      black) so it weren't as 'obvious' when you have a black scanner and
      black antenna. But back on the topic, the 800 MHz antenna doesn't have a
      covered BNC, so I guess I would have silver there anyway.

      It's much easier (read: faster) to change antennas with a BNC than an
      SMA, too.

      Joe M.