      From: MCH
      To: BC346XT@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2010 1:39 PM
      Subject: Re: [BC346XT] 70yr old dummy needs a little HELP

      Think of the System Quick Keys like assignable 'bank enable' buttons on
      your older scanners. If you want only single-digit ones, you can do that
      and have 10 to turn on or off.

      Systems are like your old banks, only you can put several in one 'bank'.

      Groups are like classes of users. My Groups often consist of Police,
      Fire, EMS, EMA, Public Works, Business, Ham, Air, Railroad, Etc.

      Channels are just like your older scanners, only you have to create them
      - they do not 'pre-exist in blank format'.

      Channels must exist in a Group. Groups must exist in a System (like
      folders on your hard drive).

      Once you know what Systems, Groups, and Channels are, and their
      relationship, you should have a better understanding of the scanner.

      Joe M.