233Re: [BC346XT] Discriminator Tap

  • Rich Carlson
    Dec 8, 2009
      There are several other applications for discriminator audio such as
      classic Trunker, ATCS Monitor, PL/DPL decoders and other types of data
      intercepts.

      While some newer applications like the ones you mention indeed do not
      need a discriminator tap there are other situations that do.

      On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 5:51 PM, JAN FINE <jan_fine@...> wrote:
      > Can someone explain to me why one would want to do a discriminator tap
      > on a .xt radio?
      >
      > The new versions of Unitrunker do not require one.
      > Neither does Trunk88.
      >
      > Gene Fusco wrote:
      >>

      >> The discriminator tap is present on the 346.
      >>
      >> When you open up the radio, you will find two PC boards. These are
      >> connected by
      >> a plug that separates easily when the two boards are gently pulled
      >> apart. On the
      >> smaller board, next to this plug, are a trio of solder pads. the
      >> middle pad is labeled
      >> DISC. There are also a few easily accessible GND pads.
      >>
      >> The real problem will be finding space to permanently mount a jack.
      >> Right now, I have
      >> a pair of leads running out of the hole that used to anchor the cover
      >> flap for the data
      >> connection.
      >>
      >> Are there any unused pins on the data connection?
      >>
      >> Gene

      Rich Carlson, N9JIG
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic