      From: Robert McKim
      To: BC346XT@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 4:51 AM
      Subject: RE: [BC346XT] Re: Programming online help

      Well,
      I got all the local Counties around where we live programed into the scanner and all the pre-programed Cities and States, I found out how to delete them and all there is left is just the Counties I programed into the scanner. Now I can give it to my friend that had me buy it for him and show him how it works.
      Thank you for your help in this matter.
      Bob KD8IEW
      From: DMAScanning <dmascanning@ bellsouth. net>

      To: BC346XT@yahoogroups .com

      Date: Saturday, July 25, 2009, 8:15 AM

      Hello again,

      Okay, good. We know where we are now I think.

      In FreeScan click on File and then click Import then click on Radio

      Reference Conventional or Radio Reference Trunked. Enter your user login

      name and password for Radio Reference. Select your country, state/province

      and county. Then select each system you want from the list presented and

      click Import. Do this for all the systems you want for the type you selected

      (conventional or trunked). Exit button at the top right of the form when

      done. As you import systems you will see them show up on the main FreeScan

      form. Do the same thing for the other system type.

      You will need to set System Quick Key and Group Quick Key information on

      each of the systems and then, assuming you have already verified that you

      are connected to the scanner click the Scanner and Up arrow button (Upload)

      and follow the screen prompts for uploading the systems to your scanner.

      Now assuming that I understand where you try this and let us know how it

      worked out for you.

      Don, KE4JD

      _____

      From: DMAScanning <dmascanning@ <mailto:dmascanning %40bellsouth. net>

      bellsouth.net>

      To: BC346XT@yahoogroups <mailto:BC346XT% 40yahoogroups. com> .com

      Date: Saturday, July 25, 2009, 6:17 AM

      Hello,

      In order to use Radio Reference to program a scanner via a PC you have to

      have a software package that supports the transfer. You cannot just go to

      Radio Reference and download directly to your scanner. I would suggest that

      you download FreeScan from ScanNow.org. That program's author is the one who

      gave you information about the import feature (which is located under the

      File menu item). To directly import to your scanner from FreeScan (or any

      software package that works for the 346XT and supports downloading from

      Radio Reference) you will need to subscribe for a membership. FreeScan also

      has a feature that lets you copy and paste from Radio Reference but it is

      not automatic.

      Hopefully I have understood your problem correctly and this will get you

      moving in the right direction.

      Don, KE4JD

      _____

      From: BC346XT@yahoogroups .com [mailto:BC346XT@ yahoogroups .com] On Behalf

      Of

      Robert McKim

      Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 8:00 PM

      To: BC346XT@yahoogroups .com

      I don't see the Import button and I can't slect the frequencies unless I

      highlight them. There is no place to check, the frequencies I want to

      download. I click on Reference Databace, than Ohio, than Harrison County,

      and I get the freguencies, and a map of the county and State. There is a

      place at the top that say download, but that takes me to a page that tells

      me to buy a membership, get a program, than sign in, but nothing else to

      hepl me to understand how to download the frequencies. I have had this for

      almost a month now, and my friend that wanted it is getting upset. The store

      where I bought it won't take it back. He paid $268.00 for it and wants his

      money back if I can't get it to work, but both Uniden and the store said he

      is stuck with it and for me to cotact Radio Reference about the programming

      problem. I have a RadioShack scanner where all I had to do was program the

      frequencies one at a time, nothing like this headake.

      Bob

      --- On Fri, 7/24/09, nocreativety <ASSAF_X@HOTMAIL.

      From: nocreativety <ASSAF_X@HOTMAIL. <mailto:ASSAF_ X%40HOTMAIL. COM> COM>

      Subject: [BC346XT] Re: Programming online help

      To: BC346XT@yahoogroups <mailto:BC346XT% 40yahoogroups. com> .com

      Date: Friday, July 24, 2009, 8:22 AM

      To use the RR import feature, you have to click on the button called

      "Import" after you have made your selections. It will then download the

      systems to FreeSCAN. Then you use the Upload To Scanner function to send

      them to your scanner.

      --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups .com, kd8iew@... wrote:

      > Hi,

      > I tried to check on what I want to download, but when I plug the scanner

      in to my pc and click on upload it tells me all the cities and states that

      is preprogramed in it. I click on the state than the county in Radio

      Reference that I want to download, than I click on download and it takes me

      to the page that tells me how Radio Reference works. So I was playing around

      and clicked on Law Enforcement, Fire/EMS, Ham and tage the frequencies, than

      the box. This is on FreeSCAN. I just don't know how to program from the pc

      to the scanner. I know how to program a scanner where you put the frequency

      in one at a time.Bob