      From: DMAScanning <dmascanning@...>
      Subject: RE: [BC346XT] Re: Programming online help
      To: BC346XT@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, July 25, 2009, 6:17 AM

      Hello,

      In order to use Radio Reference to program a scanner via a PC you have to
      have a software package that supports the transfer. You cannot just go to
      Radio Reference and download directly to your scanner. I would suggest that
      you download FreeScan from ScanNow.org. That program's author is the one who
      gave you information about the import feature (which is located under the
      File menu item). To directly import to your scanner from FreeScan (or any
      software package that works for the 346XT and supports downloading from
      Radio Reference) you will need to subscribe for a membership. FreeScan also
      has a feature that lets you copy and paste from Radio Reference but it is
      not automatic.

      Hopefully I have understood your problem correctly and this will get you
      moving in the right direction.

      Don, KE4JD

      _____

      From: nocreativety <ASSAF_X@HOTMAIL. <mailto:ASSAF_ X%40HOTMAIL. COM> COM>
      Subject: [BC346XT] Re: Programming online help
      To: BC346XT@yahoogroups <mailto:BC346XT% 40yahoogroups. com> .com
      Date: Friday, July 24, 2009, 8:22 AM

      To use the RR import feature, you have to click on the button called
      "Import" after you have made your selections. It will then download the
      systems to FreeSCAN. Then you use the Upload To Scanner function to send
      them to your scanner.

      --- In BC346XT@yahoogroups .com, kd8iew@... wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I tried to check on what I want to download, but when I plug the scanner
      in to my pc and click on upload it tells me all the cities and states that
      is preprogramed in it. I click on the state than the county in Radio
      Reference that I want to download, than I click on download and it takes me
      to the page that tells me how Radio Reference works. So I was playing around
      and clicked on Law Enforcement, Fire/EMS, Ham and tage the frequencies, than
      the box. This is on FreeSCAN. I just don't know how to program from the pc
      to the scanner. I know how to program a scanner where you put the frequency
      in one at a time.Bob