Bay Area: Brass Menagerie THIS WEEK & beyond

  • Peter Jaques
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2004
      Le Brass Menazerie's got a lot coming up in April!

      Tuesday 4/6, we'll play Ashkenaz & Nancy Klein will teach some slinky
      dances. 1317 San Pablo at Gilman, Berkeley. Dance lesson at 7:30pm,
      music at 8:30, $9.

      Thursday 4/8 we're joining the Mystic Family Circus's monthly
      hootenanny! This'll include a variety of very colorful performances,
      artwork, live and DJd dance music. At 111 Minna St, SF. 9pm-2am (we're
      around 11:30), $10 donation.

      Then Friday 4/9 we'll join the sideshows of the Odeon for the first
      time. If you don't know this venue, it's kinda a like a circus, a
      vaudeville show, and a neon mausoleum rolled into a single bar. 3223
      Mission at Valencia (yes they do meet, south of Cesar Chavez), SF. Not
      sure what the cover'll be.

      After that you get a Menagerie-free 16 days, until:
      Sunday 4/25, Amnesia, with the klezmer band Kugelplex! These cats are
      really fun & it'll be a raucous evening all around. 853 Valencia. Cover
      TBA.

      And don't forget the Annual Herdeljez Festival, Sebastopol, May 8-9.
      I'll send details later. For now, see
      <http://www.scn.org/roma/events_04.html#herdeljezi>

      Hope to see y'all soon!
      peter