Balkan-Romani Ensemble Class w/Rumen "Sali" Shopov (Berkeley, CA)

  • Joyce Clyde
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2013
      From: rumenashopov@...

      Hello Friends,
      I invite you to join the spring 2013 semester of my Balkan Romani Ensemble class at the Jazz School in Berkeley, CA.

      Here are the details:
      BALKAN & ROMANI ENSEMBLE CLASS
      with Rumen "Sali" Shopov
      10 Monday Evenings, April 1- June 10
      @ The JazzSchool
      2087 Addison St. Berkeley CA 94704
      $365 To register, call (510) 845-5373
      www.jazzschool.org

      BALKAN AND ROMANI (“GYPSY”) ENSEMBLE CLASS DESCRIPTIONThis class explores the irresistible odd-metered rhythms, sultry melodic modes, and unique harmonies and varied moods of contemporary Balkan ensemble music, from soulful taxims (slow modal improvisations) to ecstatic wedding style dance tunes. These styles of music, as performed by artists including Bulgaria’s Ivo Papasov, Serbia’s Boban Markovic and Goran Bregovic, and Turkey’s Burhan Öçal are gaining global popularity. All instruments (including voices) are welcome! You can read about me here:http://www.eefc.org/Shopov.shtml

      Please spread the word to anyone you think might be interested.I am also available for private lessons and ensemble coaching. Feel free to contact me for more information.Rumen "Sali" Shopov 510-847-7918 RumenAShopov@...