S.F. Kolo Festival update

  • Joyce Clyde
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2001
      From: Phyllis Doyle <phyllisdoyle@...>

      CALIFORNIA KOLO FESTIVAL CELEBRATES 50 YEARS

      We are happy to announce the addition of The Junaci
      Orchestra of Pittsburgh featuring Raczar Lopatic of
      Sviraj on violin and vocals. They will be playing both
      Friday and Saturday nights for kolo dancing in the
      main ballroom.
      Other Balkan Bands participating on Friday will be:
      Anoush-Southern Balkan,Brass Menagerie-Balkan,and
      Vassil Bebelekov and Friends-Bulgarian.
      Joining Junaci on Saturday will be: Edessa-Balkan,
      Nestinari-Bulgarian, and The Toids-Balkan.
      There will also be bands in the Kafana playing
      listening music throughout the evenings.

      This year we invited all past dance teachers and had
      an overwhelming response. We will have 22 dance
      teachers featuring Yves Moreau teaching Bulgarian and
      John Filcich,the Festival Founder, teaching kolos.

      Back by popular demand will be Mark Forry teaching
      singing classes and leading the Friday night sing-a-
      long.

      ALL ARE WELCOME TO COME AND CELEBRATE WITH US!!

      The Russian Center is located at 2450 Sutter Street
      in San Francisco, near Geary and Divisadero.

      For full details about the Festival, including
      pre-registration and work scholarships contact:
      1-800-730-5615 9am-9pm pacific time or
      www.kolofestival.org